Wednesday, July 22, 2009

We've been a busy family!

Wow! I have been a blogging slacker lately!! We have SO much going on right now, that when I do have time to sit down and blog....I do not feel like it.

SO.....what exactly have we been up to you might ask????

Well, here we go.....

*We have been swamped with planning the upcoming wedding. We have booked the dinner/reception site, I ordered the invitations, we hired our officiant/photographer/florist (yes, it is ALL one person. Makes it SO much easier!), now we need to get the cake going.

*I bought my dress. I originally wanted a tea length dress, but was having a hard time finding one. I found a long dress that looks like it fits on a beach and I fell in love with it once I tried it on. :)


*We bought Nick a linen suit. He is pretty much the hottest guy around in it!!!

*We have had the car in the shop twice for the same problem. Nothing too big. I got the sweetest Mercedes loaner this last time and secretly want to keep it. :)

*We went to the Farmers Market and bought Ave some cute bows for $2 each. Plus, I had the BEST pesto garden veggie sandwich and strawberry lime rickey around!! Yum!!

*Nick and I both went on the same diet at the same time. (I was reluctant at first...I HATE DIETING! But he has lost a total of 16 pounds and I between 5-7. It fluctuates.) I give myself the weekends to splurge while he is being a strict boy with himself. Note: Chocolate Gelato is only 60 calories a serving, only 5 grams of sugar and 3 grams of fat!! Not too bad in my book. It's almost identical to some yogurts out there. I love that I found this delicacy!

*We took Ave swimming in Grandpa Dale's pool. She LOVED it! (The water is about 80 degrees and feels like a bathtub. She was in the water for an hour before she was ready to get out and take a nap.

*I have let Ave go to daycare at the gym so I can workout when I'm in Logan. So far, she has been doing great. When I am in Salty, I walk 4 miles with her while she is in her stroller. We have fun together!

*Nick has had two record breaking months at work. Good Job babe! We are so proud of you!

*We attended Lincoln's baby blessing. (My step-sister Stacie's baby.) He is such a doll. I didn't take any pic's of the cute guy, but will steal some from someone.

*We've laid on the lawn and stared at the sky to see what Avery sees. It's pretty fun to try and see things from her perspective.

*We've had AWESOME dinners at the Country Club. I eat like it's going out of style and regret it the next day, but still love doing it!!

*Avery has now rolled from her tummy to her back. She throws her arms out when she is done. It's like she is saying "Whoa. What just happened?". She is getting SO big.

*Ave has also started scooting on her tummy. We now need to start keeping a close eye on her. She is growing to be such a little independent lady!

*I noticed this last week that when I am drinking water while I am holding our little monkey, she leans in towards the cup. SO....I put the cup up to her mouth today and she grabbed it and pulled it towards her mouth and connected. She wasn't sure how to swallow and let the water run down her shirt. It was priceless!!

*We have also (well, me) started playing with spoons to see what she does. I like to dip it in ice water to make the spoon cold. Ave likes to try and suck on it. I think she is more than ready for cereal!!

*Nick took a Harley trip with some buddies to Jackson Hole and had a little too much fun.

*I was lucky enough to be invited to Coraline's baptism. (Our friend Sean and Erika's baby.) I have never been to a catholic baptism and thought it was so neat. Coraline is such a beautiful baby. Erika and Sean, you are doing a FABULOUS job.

*I also went to lunch with Em and Grace at the new Beehive Grill in Logan. It is delish!!! I just love that little Gracie. She is such a good and gorgeous baby!

***We have been up to so much, I know I am leaving out a ton!! This Friday we are headed to the Outdoor Retail Convention! We are stoked!!

We hope everyone has a wonderful and safe 24th of July!!!













Ave is currently putting EVERYTHING in her mouth!

Concentrating SOOOOO hard!

Our beautiful Baby with Baby Blues!

Daddy and his best buddy!

My handsome man!

Doing what we do best, hanging out on the front porch!
Uncle Houston....he IS the baby whisperer. He put Ave to sleep twice!!

Nick just adores Housters.

The fam at Lincoln's baby blessing.
Avery with her Great Grandma Wendy.

I swear she was having fun.
Our Love Bug.
She's a fish.

Discovering the sky at Avery's perspective.

Huh?

Pretending to be in mommy's tummy again. She started to fall asleep. :)

Giving Grandpa Dale a big KISS!


Our friends Erika and Sean with sweet baby Coraline. (She wore her daddy's baptism dress. So tender!)

5 comments:

CoLiE-O said...

wow-sounds busy but super fun! i cant get over averys beautiful blue eyes! and you missy- you are skinny! i dont know why you need to diet!!!what diet did you say you were doing? i forgot :)

Emily said...

You kids are busy! I can't believe how grown up Houston looks! He is a young man! Avery is cute as usual and I am so excited for your wedding. If you need help with anything, hollar. Tell Nick hello, cuz I never see him anymore! Call me sometime and we can do the River Walk or walk to see the horses by my house. Grace loves them and I could use the exercise!

Erika + Sean said...

I can't believe how big she is getting! Hey, can you email me that photo from Coraline's baptism? It is a good shot of us...the only ones I got people have their eyes closed etc.

Aubrey said...

I love the swimming pics. She is so cute. We loved seeing you guys at Lincoln's blessing. I hope our little girls are great friends.

Nick and Brittany said...

Thanks Nicole. I am doing the Men's Health Belly Off diet. It's not too shabby.

Erika: i'll try and get those emailed over in the morning. I tried last week, but my connection shuts off mid-email. :(