Happy 7 Month Birthday Midge!
Our Little One "Midge" turned 7 months old today! Where oh where has this last month gone? We have been oh so busy playing and learning new things. Avery is soooo soooo determined to grow up on us!
In the last month she:
-Has gained a pound
-Is almost completely wearing 12 month size clothes! Aaahhh!!!
-Has become a fan of mixed veggies for dinner. She now has a three course dinner: Rice w/ milk, Mixed Veggies and a Fruit. I don't know how she fits that all in her tummy, but she does!
-Her bedtime gets earlier and earlier. She goes to bed between 7-8 PM.
-Has started waking up once in the middle of the night to be rocked back to sleep. We think it's due to teething. (No teeth yet!)
-Still is not on any formula. (To her liking, not necessarily mommies!)
-Can go from laying down to sitting up all on her own!
-Can say Momma, Dadda, BaBa....she usually jumbles them all together and has her own Avery language.
-She LOVES the computer and will try to type on it any chance she gets.
-She LOVES remote controls and mommies phone.
-She likes to scare us by standing up in her crib waiting for us.
-Her naps are shorter. =( She takes a 30-45 minute nap in the morning (let's momma get ready) and a 30-60 minute nap after lunch. She doesn't want to miss anything!
-She is officially a CRAWLER! Crazy! It's scary, yet fun. I'll leave the room and tell her to come find me and she will try to crawl to where my voice is coming from. Smart Cookie!
-Her favorite place to crawl is mommies closet. She wants to EAT all my shoes. Yuck! Still working on that one.
-She can also pull her self up on furniture. She likes to stand against the sofa. She learned to stand against her walker and try to walk around it. Hasn't been successful yet. We have had many many scary spills. Kids heads are sure tough!
-She got a rocking snail. (Instead of rocking horse it's a snail. I found it at a home consignment store for $29 and put some elbow grease into cleaning it!)
-She is a BUSY BUSY girl. When dad gets home from work, usually momma passes her along to dad so she can have a grown up conversation on the phone or try to clean up the house after all the messes we make all day! Who knew a 7 month old was such a handful?
As you can see, Midge is growing up...FAST! Next thing you know, she'll be asking for the keys to the car. Avery is so fun to be around. I love being able to stay home with her. We are also trying to learn sign language together. They say a baby will pick up on it faster than an adult. I believe it!!! But, we will continue to try.
Here are some pictures from our Love Bug through out the last month:
We finally purchased a high chair. This thing is a lifesaver! I can wheel her around while I clean and she gnaws on a biscuit. =)
Kisses from poppa!
Avery LOVES her poppa! She loves giving us kisses!
See Cookie Monster in the background? THIS is Ave's new favorite friend. He must go everywhere with us! This is her in her walker. She's used to a jumper, so she tries to jump in it. It's funny!
The Rocking Snail. (Notice Mr. Cookie Monster?) We have also had many many spills off of this snail. We are trying to install a seat belt.
She now sits in the high chair at restaurants AND she can suck out of a straw. (She usually sucks in way too much, so we do it this way instead.)
Miss Midge crawling. This is her warm up position. =)







3 comments:
Aw Ave, getting so dang big! Some of those pictures kind of freak me out because...I think it's me for a second, but cuter obviously! I love her and plan on spending tons more time with her when I'm not so sick (I'm better, but still not better). Have fun in Philly without me! Love you.
I can't believe how BIG she is getting...and accomplishing so much! Amazing! She is looking more and more like Nick, I think. Fun!
She has grown so much this past month! That's awesome that she's eating so many different kinds of foods and exploring the world around her. And I think that's great that you're teaching her sign language. Love the Rocking Snail. So cute!
Post a Comment