Aahhh...where do I start?
Our day started off at 6 AM. We all got ready and headed over to the Jet Center to fly out towards our exciting adventure. Since this was Ave's FIRST Halloween, and we were spending it in a rather unusual way, we dressed Avery in her Monkey outfit to surprise the grandparents once we got to the airport. She actually really liked being in the costume. It was warm, soft and snugly.
Our day started off at 6 AM. We all got ready and headed over to the Jet Center to fly out towards our exciting adventure. Since this was Ave's FIRST Halloween, and we were spending it in a rather unusual way, we dressed Avery in her Monkey outfit to surprise the grandparents once we got to the airport. She actually really liked being in the costume. It was warm, soft and snugly.
The plane ride was about 4 hours and 20 minutes. Avery did really really well! I was SO nervous at how she was going to do on such a long flight, but since she was able to crawl all over the plane and had 3 grandparents to play with, she did awesome!
We got to Philly around 2 PM. We headed straight to our hotel, The Ritz Carlton. We had two cars with drivers and of course I left my camera in the other car. I wish I could have taken pictures of the city. It has SO much history and is absolutely GORGEOUS! Once we checked in, Nick, my mom, Ave and I headed out for some shopping. (Dale and Sheri are recouping from a bad back and knee surgery, so they stayed at the hotel to eat.) We stopped at H&M. LOVE this store! I wasn't in a mood to shop for myself, but rather for Ave's. =)
We only had time to shop at two different H&M stores (yes, I said two), run to a deli and grab some baseball paraphernalia. We were warned to not wear our Yankee gear around the city, it is a rough city! BUT, we bought hats anyways and I plopped mine on right away. I got a few snickers and stares, but one guy actually cheered me on!
My mom flew down with us so she could babysit Aver's. (Why didn't I leave her in SLC with my mom, well....Ave is still nursing and this was a short notice trip, so I didn't have enough milk stored.) THANK YOU so much mom! I know Ave loved spending one on one time with you too!
We headed off to the game 3 hours early so we could walk around and gaze at what was around us. It was PURE mayhem! Soooo many Phillie fans. Sooooo much fun! Nick and I could not stop smiling. Poor Dale had a really hard time walking and had to stop every few steps. =( It took us a while to get to our seats, but once we did, we were not disappointed. We were 16 rows behind home plate. And once we got to our seats, the Yankees were practicing. Being the HUGE fans that we are, we went and took a bazillion pic's. (Yes, we were soooo giddy!) With our awesome tickets, we were able to sit in a private area, The Diamond Club, to eat and take shelter from the rain. The game started at about 9:10 PM. It wasn't too cold and the rain couldn't have dampened our spirits. HELLO, we were at the World Series!!!
The game was so much fun. We spotted a bunch of politicians by us: Joe Biden and some one else that I did not know. Ask Nick. We also saw ex NYC mayor Guliani. I was looking everywhere for Kate Hudson. Nada! We were about the only Yankee fans in our section. (I think there were maybe 6 of us.) We would jump up and scream every time the Yank's did good. We would get screamed at and booed, but man it was sooo fun!
The game didn't end until about 1:30 AM and we got back to our hotel after 2 AM. We were up at 5:45 to get ready to fly out. President Obama was flying in at 11 AM and all air traffic is put to a complete halt for hours. We would have been stuck there until 6 PM. (Fine by me!) Ave woke up with a fever and slept a little on the plane. She came down with a mild cold, but was such a trooper. We finally got home and settled back in Logan by 4 PM. What a LONG day!!!!!!! We were exhausted.
We had such an AMAZING time and now that the Yankee's won last night, it's a night we will NEVER forget! Congrats Yankee's on your 27th Championship. We were so lucky to be part of this monumental moment!
***Nick's mom Vickie watched our pupper's while we were gone! Gracie went into heat that Monday, so no boarder would let us board them. THANK YOU SO MUCH VICKIE!!!!
Ave being a monkey and going through Grandma Sheri's purse.
LOVE this one!
The LOVES of my life!
Exploring the plane.
Shopping on Chesnut.Ave was bright eyed and bushy tailed the morning after. Mom and Dad were TIRED!!!!



















2 comments:
What a fun trip for you guys! I can't believe Avery is standing in that last photo - she's is growing up too fast! Hope you're doing well.
ALL THE TIME!!! :) I love that. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun, I'm quite jealous. Ave keeps getting cuter, good work!
ps. I've been seeing Yankees and Phillie's ball caps all over campus!
Post a Comment