Monday, May 24, 2010

last day at little gym



today was our last day at Little Gym for the semester.
sad day!
we are going to miss seeing our buddies every week and their mommies and daddies too!

we decided to take summer semester off so we can travel
and
take swim lessons!

before we started taking our monday morning classes,
avery was TERRIFIED of strangers.
this was the main reason we signed up.
she would scream if anyone came around her.
(and mommy needed some socialization with the outside world too!)

by the second class, avery was comfortable being around others.
by the third class, she was mingling and playing with her new buddies and their parents.
it was a sigh of relief.
she picked up some bad habits along the way too.
such as pinching and hitting.
yikes!

we can't wait for our fall semester and to see what new buddies we will have.
we will truly miss our "Birdie" buddies!

here are a few pictures from today, our last day:

i'm a big girl!

avery with her teacher, miss katie.
(yes, she has bubbles in her mouth.)

hmmmm...what should we play with today?

hey! whatchya doin'?


i'm a monkey!!


wooooo!

jumping off of mats.


hey maaaa!

BUBBLES!!!

we love the parachute!

well, mostly!


i'm tired now!


4 comments:

Erika + Sean said...

Sad that you're done (we aren't done until mid-June...weird). Now, just because you don't have Little Gym on Mondays doesn't mean you can go weeks without seeing us - got it? :)

p.s. She is looking more and more like her father.

Matti said...

That looks like so much fun! I would miss it too. But swimming lessons are super fun too. I did them with Eden when she was 10 months, and we had a blast! I wish I could do them with Tex, but I'd have to figure out somewhere to take Eden during the lesson. Anyway, hope you guys have a great summer! I can't wait to hear about your travels.

Aubrey said...

Avery looks like such a big girl in that chair! And walking around. Wow, I can't believe how much she's grown in such a short time. Sounds like you have an summer lined up! Swim lessons are really fun.

Stacie said...

Wow, Avery looks strong! She looks like she loves being at the play gym. It was so much fun seeing you this last week! Avery is just so adorable and you look great too.