Thursday, November 4, 2010
two recipes worth sharing!
Last Christmas my Father-in-Law bought us a Blendtec Blender.
He swore up and down that this thing was amazing.
I honestly thought it was just another blender with a few extra cool gadgets.
I was wrong.
I use this thing probably twice a day now!
We make smoothies, soups, guacamole and breads.
Yes, breads!
It came with a recipe book that has some AMAZING recipe's in it!
Avery is a little weird on textures, but their recipe for banana bread is yummy & she'll eat it too!
Banana Bread
2 egg whites
1/2 cup light olive oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 bananas-peeled and broken in half. (I use 3. I like more of a banana flavor.)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place ingredients in blender jar in order as listed and secure the lid. Allow the blender to run for 30 seconds, or until batter is well mixed. Pour into sprayed 4 1/2 x 8 1/2 inch loaf pan. Bake for 60 minutes or until golden.
It is SOOOO yummy!!!
Another staple in our diets is guacamole. (Avacadoes for that matter. I eat atleast one a day!) We put it over salads, use it as a dip, garnish, etc.
Guacamole
3 avacadoes-peeled and pitted
1/2 cup red bell pepper-quartered
1 Roma tomatoe-quartered
1/2 small lemon-peeled
1/4 yellow onion-peeled
3/4 tsp salt
Place ingredients into blender jar and secure the lid. Press Pulse button and release after a few seconds. You may need to stop pulsing and use spatula to scrape ingredients towards blade. Press 8 times or until desired consistency is reached. (Again, Avery is weird on textures, so we mix it until smooth.)
We also make yummy smoothies every morning. (And sometimes for dinner too.) We use the simplest ingredients and it comes out deelish!
Example:
2 handfuls of red grapes
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 banana
handful of frozen berries of choice (We like mango's and strawberries!)
handful of ice
That's it! You can throw just about anything in....
Anyways, thought I'd share a few of our favorites! Happy Thursday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
OMG - Look at all that hair on her head! Love the "ponytail." :)
Hope to see you guys this weekend!
Post a Comment