Saturday, July 14, 2012

Gender Reveal

I recently got addicted to Pinterest, like half of the US population, and wanted to do a fun gender reveal of our baby. But in reality, it came too quick and I didn't do a thing. :( Sorry kiddo!

We had the ultra sound on the morning of Avery's 3rd birthday. What a fun day to celebrate our first born and to celebrate the gender of our second born. With Avery, I KNEW with every ounce of my soul that she was a girl. Right from the get go. But with this baby, I had no idea! We were hoping for a boy, but would have been happy either way.

Avery kept saying that she was getting a baby sister. Nick and I thought she maybe had intuition and started to think it was a girl. But right when I laid down on the ultra sound table, we asked Avery again what she thought we were having and she said a boy. For the first time! And Boy oh Boy was she right! There was no mistaking that we were having a BOY!

Before Nick could say it, I chimed in "Oh thank goodness, We are done!" ;) We are so excited to have a girl and a boy in the family. My due date is kind of weary. My body has been out of whack, thanks to a bad thyroid. So originally it was August 9th. Then August 21st. Then August 13th. Sooooo.....Nick and I are going with the 13th! Three of our ultra sounds have put us at the 13th, so we are happy with that date. Only time will tell.

Two ultra sounds have shown that the baby has enlarged kidneys. There is nothing we can do to reverse it or fix it, so once he is born, he will have to get another ultra sound to see if mother nature corrected itself. If it hasn't, this means that he is prone to infections and will be immediately put on anti biotics. If that does not correct it, then a stint will have to be placed. It is a little nerve racking to know there is a potential problem, but I am trying to not fixate myself on it. Cross your fingers that everything will fix itself!

4 comments:

Stacie said...

I found out about Lincoln's enlarged kidney at an ultrasound I had at 32 weeks. It is twice the size as the other one. He sees a nephrologist for it. He did two tests, VCUG and Lasix MAG3, which will look at each kidney and see how much they filter and if it is clogged at all. There is so much that the doctor can do to help! Surgery is also very minimal if baby needs it. If you have any questions, give me a call! Lincoln didn't need surgery. He now gets an ultrasound every year until he is 5 to make sure the enlargement ratio has not changed.

ashnicole said...

I knew this one would be a boy :) or at least I like to think I did. I've loved living with you and hope I won't be working on aug 13th! and little man will be just fine, imagine living in the good old days when they would've had no idea anything looked suspicious with his kidneys! They caught it early so now you know what to watch.
Love yoooou

Heidi said...

Wow I didn't even know they could tell you that kind of stuff! Keep us posted on the little guy's kidneys. So happy for you! I need some cute ways to gender reveal!

Aubrey said...

I laughed when I read your comment from the ultrasound. We are very excited for your family. Your little guy is going to be so darn cute and will bring a fun dynamic to your family. Avery is lucky she's going to have a brother to protect her. I want to see a belly pic!!! Baby could come any day now. Have Nick send me a picture text when he's born. Good luck!!!