February 14, 2013
Liam,
Happy Half Birthday Buddy!! Holy Cow! Where in the world have the last six months gone? It feels like yesterday that you joined our family at 5:34 PM. You have been through so so much in the short six months you have been here!
At six months old:
*You sleep in your crib! It's still in our room, but we have a goal to have you moved into your own room by April. (Daddy will be out of town most of March, so I'm not ready for you to leave me yet!)
*You still are not the best sleeper. What gives? I think you just want to experience the world and cuddle in the middle of the night! You are fighting to go to sleep by 6:30 PM. We keep you up until 7:30, then you're out! I have started dream feeding you (I feed you while you are asleep before I go to bed myself.) and it has eliminated one feeding in the middle of the night. You usually wake up around 2:30 to eat. (You wake up once or twice trying to find your binky. Once we give it to you, you turn your head to the left and fall right back to sleep. I wish you could put your binky back in yourself.)
*You only take two 30 minute naos now. But are a GREAT sleeper in the car!
*You are up at 7:30 and are such a happy monkey in the morning. (You must get this from your daddy!)
*You still HATE bottles! This is such a struggle! We have introduced you to a sippy cup and you love sipping ice water out of it! I tried sneaking warm breastmilk in it and you threw it across the room!
*You are out of 6 month clothing and in 9 month clothing!!
*On Valentine's Day you started babbling "WA WA WA WA!" It is the cutest!
*You and Avery have something figured out. She knows that if she does something naughty or annoying, you laugh hysterically, so she does it even more! Stinkers!
*You have now tried homemade pureed pears (LOVE!), apples (kind of love), peaches (can't get ENOUGH!), sweet potatoes (LOVE!), avacadoes (LOVE!) and oatmeal (LOVE!). You tried butternut squash and had an immediate allergic reaction. You broke out into hives all over your bum and back. I called the ER and they wouldn't help me over the phone, so we contacted poison control. They were so helpful and even called back later in the night to check on you! I gave you an oatmeal bath and you went to sleep after. So we won't be trying squash for a while! You also tried peas and loved them, but got really fussy two nights in a row after you ate them. We'll try them again down the road.
*You eat cereal in the morning, fruit or veggie in the afternoon and cereal and fruit or a veggie at dinner.
*You are totally teething because you have made mommies udders hurt! Plus, you have to be chewing on something constantly!!
*You can sit up on your own without the Boppy behind you!!! You try to push yourself into a crawl postion from sitting and faceplant. You are not a fan of faceplanting!! (You've given yourself quite a few bumps and bruises on your noggin from falling on your toys!)
*Since you have turned six months old, you have become a Fuss MONSTER! I think it is because you are transitioning into different phases. (Teething, trying to crawl, talk, etc.)
*We have started teaching you basic sign language: Eat, more, all done, milk, please and thank you. Avery is retaining it and trying to teach it to you too!
*You have found your voice! Boy oh boy you LOVE to make noise! Our house is VERY noisy these days!
*You think the paper that covers the beds at the doctor office is the funniest thing in the world. You laugh until you are in tears!
*You had your six month check up and your stats were:
*17.9 1/2 Pounds which put you in the 47 percentile.
*27-3/4" Long which put you in the 90 percentile.
*Your head measured in at 80 percentile.
*You have finally figured to get from point A to point B, it is easiest to roll there!
*You LOVE LOVE LOVE reading books! You giggle and smile the entire time we read!!!
*If you're fussy, we stick you in the bath. This is your happy place!!
You are growing in leaps and bounds buddy! While I can't wait for this fussy and teething phase to pass, I still want you to stay my little baby! I can't wait to see you crawl and chase after your Sissy! (She can't either!!) Thank you for being such a blessing to our family. We love you!!
I'd eat my tootsies too if they were as delicious as yours!
You and Sissy are the best of friends.
I LOVE your gummer smile!
You LOVE chewing on anything. This face was courtesy of a magazine page. (Black ink.)
We LOVE you Buddy Boy!
3 comments:
Geesh you two produce cute kids!!!
Such a cute 6 month old. I love watching him and Ave grow! Hopefully he will do great sleeping in the other room and will start sleeping in later! {haha...yeah right?}
Liam is growing up so fast! He's looking a little less baby and a little more young boy. Crazy. I must say I laughed when I read that he refused milk in the sippy cup. Do you make all your own baby food?
Post a Comment