We tried to get out of the house as early as possible, but we were on Aver's schedule. We got out of the door at 10 AM and headed to Ruth's. When we got there, it was closed for remodeling! It had a sign on the front door saying it was to open the following Wednesday. Dang, what are the chances?
We decided to head downtown to see what we could find. We are all about trying new places. I blurted out we should try The Oasis Cafe on 5th and 2nd. I haven't been there for a long time. When we got there, there were tables available! Bonus!! We had an awesome breakfast. It was buffet style, but was still so yummy!
By the time we got to the zoo, it was packed! We had to park at the top and wait in line for almost 40 minutes. When we got in, the crowd seemed to have thinned and actually wasn't too bad. Ave started to get fussy in line and I was worried that she wasn't going to cooperate. But, we put her in the Baby Bjorn and she was OUT!
The zoo was alot of fun. The people watching was a blast too. We have never seen so many tattoos in our life! I'm all for tattoos, but man....people had their entire bodies inked. Not my cup of tea.
After the zoo, we packed up to head to Logan after visiting Nick's mom. Ave got to meet her Great Grandparents on that side for the first time. It was fun to see.
While driving back to Logan, Avery started to scream in Brigham City. Nick was driving the Smart Car while I had the dogs and Ave to myself in the Toaster. I tried all I could do to console her. I gave her her bink, listened to Baby Einstein (full blast non-the-less) and even held her hand. Nothing! I had to pull over in Sardine Canyon by Dry Lake. She was purple from crying so hard. I took her out and held her for 20 minutes. She was frantic and didn't seem to want to calm down. Nick even came back to meet me to help. (Imagine a man in a Smart Car going reverse in the canyon to rescue his girls! That is how much he loves us!) We put her back in her car seat and let her cry the rest of the way home. I locked myself in the bathroom and gave myself a pedicure for a little relief. (Thank you Nick!!)
Regardless of my little one screaming (I think she just likes the sound of her voice), I had an absolute wonderful first Mother's Day! I don't think I have ever given my mom enough credit. I never knew how hard it really was! My mom was only 19. I don't know how she did it, but she did. Thank you mom! I hope you had a wonderful Mom's Day as well. (Dee Dee, Sheri and Vickie...we hope you had a great one too! You are all AWESOME moms and we love you!!!)
Here are some pictures from our first trip to the zoo. We are headed to the San Diego Zoo in July! Woo Hoo!!
We are SO in love with her. (This was the only time she was awake....to EAT!)









1 comment:
Your pictures are awesome! Yea for the Baby Bjorn. It looks like it helped a lot! I am so glad you enjoyed yourself. You are such a good mommy and your little angel is adorable!
Post a Comment