Sunday, September 27, 2009

Happy 20th Birthday Smash!!

Happy 20TH Birthday Smash!!!

My little sister turned 20 yesterday! Yikes, where did the time go? I was gone to college while she was growing up and maturing, so I feel like I missed some of the most crucial times in her life. But, I definitelty have some fond memories of her when she was little.



I remember her as a little girl like it was yesterday. I used to torture her and make her let me play with her hair all the time growing up. I thought I wanted to be a hair stylist, so I would NEVER let Ashley out of the house unless her hair was perfect. She used to scream and get so mad at me. BUT, her hair always looked so dang cute. ;-)



I also remember watching her dance in her first dance recital at Tracy's Dance Academy. She was SO cute in a little tutu trying to tap dance. I hope this memory never fades. She was adorable on that BIG stage and she was only THREE!



Ash once dressed up as Ariel from The Little Mermaid and danced around the house. I think she was three at the time also. You were so cute and innocent. (WOW! Nothing has changed!)



I loved going to Ashley's cheer and dance competitions/recitals. You are such a beautiful and graceful dancer. You would give me chills just watching you. It came so naturally for you. I hope you never give that talent up!

I also remember when my dad lived in Draper in a house with a circular drive-way. Ash would ride our little moto-ped scooter around & around & around (did I mention AROUND?) the drive-way for what seemed like FOREVER! I once had to yell for her to stop because I just got back from dance and had been up since 5:30 AM. She politely stopped, then proceeded to go around & around & AROUND that dang drive way bouncing a basketball. Looking back, it is SO funny! At the time, not so much!



I loved having Ash around in Logan while I was prego. We would go Thursday night shopping, grab dinner, then watch Grey's Anatomy and ER. She was always game for a shake from La Beau's also!!! Her fave was Strawberry Cheesecake, mine was mint oreo. I think we had one atleast 3 times a week. It rocked. She was so supportive while I was prego! I will never forget the times you would let me just cry, because I needed to.



Ash, you are the best sister anyone could ask for! You have become my best friend and Nick and I are SO proud of you! You have stayed true to yourself and would do anything for your family and friends. We love you so much and appreciate everything you have done for us. We hope you had a happy 20th birthday!!!



She couldn't blow out 6 candles. A sure sign...You are getting OLD!!


EYES!!!!

2 comments:

Erika + Sean said...

I love that last picture!!

ashnicole said...

Britt you are the best. Thanks for being such a good sister and friend, I trust you so much and have always looked up to you and admired you. You really are my best friend and I'm so lucky to have you in Logan. I hope you never forget those memories, I almost did. Thanks for making me tear up a little bit just now!
Love you!!!
ps. ALL THE TIME!