Thursday, December 10, 2009

Santa Baby!



(Any tricks on getting kids to wear shoes? Aver's won't!)


Every year I kick off the Christmas season by going to The Festival of The Trees. It is a fun tradition that started when my mom used to volunteer for it. (WAY BACK IN THE DAY!) I have now make Nick go with me. (I secretly think he enjoys it.) Codale even decorates a tree and this year it didn't disappoint. Last year I was waddling around 6 months pregnant and making pit stops every 5 minutes. This year, we actually were able to enjoy all of the trees. Avery even liked looking at them and slept most of the time!

Santa was there as well. So we decided to have Avery sit on his lap. I knew a meltdown was in store. But I was hoping for at least a 2 second smile. Nothing! When we sat her on his lap, she looked confused for a while. All she could see was a big, fluffy white beard. When she realized a stranger was holding her....MELTDOWN MODE! It was sooo funny. I actually felt bad for Santa and not Avery. (I know, mother of the year award!) He has to sit there and hold screaming babies all day. Plus, Avery has a scream all of her own. Even our dogs go and hide in their kennel when she goes into meltdown.

We had a lot of fun and were there for over 3 hours. It definitely helped us get in the spirit and we (well I) look forward to going again next year!



The Codale Tree Display


Hhhmmm.....not so sure about this travel stroller's safety!


Ave preferred being carried around like this. She's a gymnast!


"What's going on daddy?"


Before she realized who was holding her. (Santa doesn't look too jolly!)

After. Oh man, she was upset!

3 comments:

Erika + Sean said...

Love the pictures! And what the hell happened to your stroller?!? We have that same one and have never seen that trick...at least not yet.

p.s. Shouldn't the Codale tree have a TON OF LIGHTS on it? I'm just sayin'...

Aubrey said...

We went to the Festival of Trees also and had a fabulous time. The Santa line was super long so we'll have to find a local Santa to take pics with Kennedy. I LOVE the last pic of Avery. So so so funny! I'd be laughing too. :)

ashnicole said...

Britt, that crying of hers sure looks familiar...you may as well call me Santa! ;)
These pictures are so cute, I can't believe how big she's getting. I'll miss you over the next month!