Friday, December 11, 2009

Weekly Playdates: Our new favorite thing!

So my friend Emily and I started getting our girls together for a weekly playdate. We have had two so far and Ave and I are loving every minute of it! Avery is Soooo attached to her mom and dad, that we decided we need to socialize her more. PLUS, I get to see Emily and Grace every week!!! Double bonus. (Did I mention we bring lunch too? We went to Em's the first week and I brought Cafe Rio. Em came to my house yesterday and brought Papa Murphy's. Yummy!)

We have had so much fun. I think I have the mean child though. Avery doesn't realize how strong she is and likes to hit Grace on the head. I am trying to teach her to be gentle, but so far no luck. Any advice out there from you mommies? She plays pretty rough with Monte and Gracie, so I guess we can start there. We also need to learn how to share. Avery wanted what ever toy Grace had. It's pretty fun to watch these two together. Avery is only 7 weeks older, so having them so close is awesome.


These two went straight for the "FREE" toys. IE: vitamin pill bottles, measuring spoons, remote controls, etc. Goes to show you don't need any of the fancy shmancy toys. =)


Here are some pictures from our fun adventures:




I see you Em!!!

Peek-A-Boo! I see you Grace!

Cute Em & Gracie!

The closest she'll ever get to a horse. (Thanks to a highly allergic daddy!)

Love this kiddo!

Cute!

Hhmmm....be gentle!

Cheese!

Avery: "Mom, where's my hair?" (Love Grace's smile!)

Grace: "What is going on?" I have a monkey on my hands!

Avery liked to push Grace in the walker.

Can't wait for next week!!!

4 comments:

Erika + Sean said...

Looks like so much fun! I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I actually wish I lived up there so Coraline could join in the fun. And I love the picture of Avery on top of Grace - HILARIOUS!

smargaret2003 said...

Brit, if you get advice on being getting Avery to be nice please send them my way. Easton likes to hit and pound things so beign soft is not in his box of skills. I miss you guys and wish we could join the two of you. I love watching Easton play with other kids! Sending you both lots of love!

Brienne said...

We do a playdate every friday with some friends and can't live without it!!! Definitely makes you more sane when you can talk to an adult one day a week. She has the most beautiful HUGE blue eyes I've ever seen! Love the pics.

Emily said...

I love those pictures! They are great!!