Friday, January 21, 2011

Absent...

So, I've been absent for a while.

Nick had to take a business trip to Palm Springs a couple of weeks ago and I was lucky enough to join.

While he was busy in meetings and conferences, I had one goal...

To read a book!

It had been YEARS since I had picked up a book. (Well, besides parenting and pregnancy books.)

Life gets too busy and too crazy to be able to read, right?

Well that seems to be what I had been telling myself.

So, back to the conference.

I did get a facial and massage, but spent the rest of the three days holed up in my hotel room reading!

I decided to start with The Hunger Games.

Well, by the end of the trip I finished it.

And within the next ten days, I finished the trilogy! It was soooo good!!! I highly recommend it!!!

I just started The Help last night, so hopefully I'll get into it like the others.

If you don't hear from me in a while, my nose is probably stuck in my Kindle. :)






4 comments:

Stacie said...

I loved the hunger games too! I can't wait for them to release the cast for the movie. I hope they pick new actors that can play the roles well.

Anonymous said...

I need to get my hands on book 2...I can't wait any longer!!!

Aubrey said...

I read The Hunger Games so fast! The second one took me 24 hours. I love reading. Even when I'm super busy I try to read for 10-15 minutes before I go to bed. Helps me clear my mind and lets me get through the never ending list of books I'd like to read.

Emily said...

Thanks for the book recommendation. I feel the same way about reading. I will have to make more of an effort to read because when I do, I love it!