Friday, January 21, 2011

Christmas

So I am now just getting around to posting about Christmas!



I cannot believe Christmas came and went in a blink of an eye!
It makes me quite sad.
I LOVE the holidays!
It's an excuse to see more of your family, decorate your house from top to bottom, bake special treats (that even the husband can't deny) and feel kindness and gratitude from others.
But POOF!
It was over like that!

We had an amazing Christmas!
A bit hectic.
But amazing none the less.
We were able to see ALL of our parents over the weekend.
Avery had sensory overload and I think it was all a bit overwhelming to her!

Avery got spoiled.
So spoiled that I am really embarrassed.
We kept quite a few presents in their boxes to rewrap for her birthday in March.
(Sorry Ave...if you ever read this in the future!)
This is what happens when you have 4 sets of grandparents who LOVE to spoil their granddaughter!
Note to self, buy one present for Ave next year & leave the rest to the grandparents! ;-)

Nick went above and beyond, as usual, but my favorite present was a book he made for me.
He turned our blog into a 250 page family journal!
This will become a tradition (sorry babe, you started it!) that I will look forward to every year!

I hope all of my family and friends had an amazing Christmas spent with their loved ones!
We love you all!



Soooo excited for the kitchen Santa brought her!

Avery didn't like opening her presents. She'd open one and we'd have to bribe her to open another. She just wanted to play with her kitchen.

I made Monkey Bread, which will now be a traditional Christmas treat!

Proud Daddy!





Opening presents at Grandpa Dale and Grandma Sheri's!

Grandpa gave her a book with his voice recorded on it. It is one of Ave's FAVORITE books ever!

A little tired from the exciting morning!

Pretty sure our family is obsessed with facial hair.

Christmas Morning with Thhe Holt's.

Christmas afternoon with my mom!
(My camera died right after this picture! :( )

Ty trying to have Ave show us her muscles. (Wasn't happening.)

Ty and Smash!

Ave with her Great Grandma Shirley.

Grandpa Glen.

Christmas dinner with Nick's mom, Vickie.

Love you Linds!

Day after Christmas my Dad and Dee Dee came by!
(Ave showing her muscles.)

Thank you to our wonderful families for providing us with such a wonderful and loving Christmas!

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

Merry Christmas! I wish we would've been able to see you over the holidays. Kennedy has a little kitchen too and it's her favorite. Avery is so beautiful.

Erika + Sean said...

What a busy xmas for you guys...but looks like fun! (Could Ty look any more like your dad?!? Wow!)