Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Our home away from home...

Snowbird has become our home away from home! I think we went up there every other weekend during the summer! We would go up there to hike, ride the tram, Oktoberfest, breakfasts, brunches and even our anniversary! We have loved it up there so much, we bought a season pass for skiing! This is the first time in my life that I am anxious for it to snow in Utah! Snowbird has brought som many great experiences which in turn has created amazing memories!

The first weekend in August, we took the tram to the top of Snowbird and hiked down. With Avery! There was still quite a bit of snow and the air was crisp. It was beautiful and peaceful.

It took us about an 2-1/2 hours to hike down. Avery hiked down a quarter of the way, and then we put her in a Kelty backpack. (Which I bought from a second hand store at a quarter of the price! Yessss!) Avery would only let me hike with her on my back. It was a great workout, until I fell down! I have a weak knee from a ski accident last year and it just gave out. Whoops!

If you haven't hiked Snowbird, I highly recommend it!


Our FAVORITE view!















1 comment:

ashnicole said...

Sorry about your knee! hopefully it'll just keep getting stronger. Snowbird is way pretty! That may be a place that Avery loves and will always remember.