September 14, 2012
Liam,
You are 1 month old already! I am not sure how the time has flown by so fast, but it has! You are such a calm baby and only cry when you are hungry, are naked or are really tired! You LOVE being held. Especially at night. You haven't quite liked your cradle yet, but that's ok. I have enjoyed holding you, rocking you and snuggling you throughout the day and night!
I've come to like watching Married with Children in the middle of the night when you do not want to sleep. You have your days and nights turned around. At night, you just want to stare at your mommy or daddy. You don't fuss or make a peep. You just observe!
You are definitely not going hungry. You love to nurse every two hours or less! You will only take a bottle from someone other than me. You have come to love your Nuk binky as well! Just like your sissy!
You are still in Newborn size clothing, but are running out of room. I have been able to put you in some 0-3 month clothing as well as Carter's 3 month clothing as well. You are going to be a chunk or really tall!
You definitely are a boy though! You poop more than any other baby I know. It seems that every diaper change has poop in it! Maybe that's why you nurse so much!
I came down with Mastitis when you were two weeks old and you were so patient with me. I was in so much pain while nursing you, but you were a champ and kept with it!
You started to become more and more fussy around four weeks old. We've come to the conclusion that you developed acid reflux from my antibiotics I was on. We knew something was up when you would cry for three hours in pain. It wasn't our calm quiet baby we were used to. We started you on baby zantac and it seems to be doing the trick! Although you are a throw up machine! Sometimes you throw up more than an ounce at a time. Poor buddy!
You love to sleep! (During the day, that is.) I even called the pediatrician to see if it was ok that you were sleeping so much! He laughed at me and said to enjoy it while it lasted!
You are such a happy baby even in your sleep! We catch you laughing in your sleep every day and smiling non stop too! I wish we knew what you were dreaming about!
We can't quite tell what color your eyes are going to be. They look brown, but in the sunlight they have a hint of blue as well. It will be fun to watch them change!
You have been such an amazing blessing and gift to our family! I always made fun of the "Momma Boys" growing up, but I just didn't understand until now. We have such a different bond already and I hope to keep that! We love you so much and are enjoying every moment we have with you! Thank you for being such a wonderful little boy!
Love,
Mommy, Daddy and big sis Ave
No comments:
Post a Comment