Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Fountain of Poo!

I completely forgot to type this story. It is so funny.

So the first week we were home as a family, Nick was in the nursery changing Avery's diaper. I was in the kitchen doing dishes when I heard "OH SHIT!!!!" really loud. (Pardon the language, but it goes with the story.) I quickly dropped what I was doing to race into the nursery. I thought Nick had dropped Avery.

When I got in there, Nick was laughing. I asked him what happened. He said "Oh Shit! Literally!". Avery had had an explosion on him. In the midst of him lifting her little legs to put on a diaper, she decided to relieve herself. She had poop everywhere. It landed on the changing table, the wall, the curtains and even the carpet. We measured and it had landed four feet away from her! That is a powerful pooper!

Yesterday, I had an entire day planned. Do our morning routine, get the dogs to Petsmart for a SPA day with Emily, Babies R Us in Ogden, picking the dogs back up and making dinner. All by myself. I thought I could handle it all.

Well....while trying to get out of the door by 10:45, Avery had a messy diaper. While changing her, she had a fountain of poo moment with me. It went everywhere!!! (Word of advice girls, buy waterproof Lap Pads. They save your life!!! I use them under her bum on the changing table for instances like these. They are SO easy to clean!!) I rushed her into the bathtub to clean her up. She even pooped in the tub! Oh my!!

I used to call my dogs pooper dogs, but Avery may have stolen the title Pooper. She is a funny little girl. Never a dull moment with her.

(BTW, while driving back from Ogden, I had a screaming baby from Brigham City ALL the way back to Logan. What a joy that ride was. I think I have the first baby in history who does not enjoy a car ride. HELP!!)

PS: I'll spare you the pictures. She did manage to stain the curtains though! ;)

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Oh my, I am laughing because I know EXACTLY what you mean. Babies can have some serious force when they decide to "go." How does it shoot that far? I have no clue! :) All I know is that being a mother comes with more surprises than we can imagine.

We'll need to get together to discuss the car ride...and sleeping through the night. I'll call you soon.

Lots of love...