No we have not fallen off the face of the earth...yet!
Having a baby makes things a little more difficult. I am trying to adjust to "Avery Time". She is still an on demand baby. We have been working on trying to get a routine going, but so far it has not been successful.

This sums up my week pretty well. Avery bossing her mom around.
Love Bug oh so tired from keeping mom and dad up at night.Our little one will not sleep in her bassinett anymore. Since having a cold, she will only sleep on mine or Nick's chest. I think it soothes her to hear our breathing and heartbeat. She also gets really fussy when I am not holding her....AT ALL TIMES. My mom and grandmother have both assured me I was the same way as a baby. Sorry mom and dad!! Now I do not mind holding my baby girl all the time, but it sure does make it hard to stay up on housework, to take a shower, to make a meal or even to go to the bathroom. My mom told me she would have to wrap me up in a blanket and buckle me in to my carseat so I would think she was holding me. I tried with Ave....and failed. She caught on to what I was up to. Smart one! (I am even holding her right now as I type. She will not let me put her down.)
Miss Ave sleeps during the day. She's got it all backwards.I have had my mom come up to Logan to help me because I was getting behind on just about everything. Being a mom is so much harder than I ever expected, but so worth it as well. Ave and I are getting better and better at nursing every day. She can't keep up with my milk supply, so I am still pumping all the time. No complaints though. We are slowly getting the hang of it.

Avers LOVES her bathtime!
Nick has been such a wonderful dad. He tries to be as hands on as he can. He is on weekend duty so I can catch up on my sleep. I am SO grateful for weekends!!
We haven't been up to much the last ten days though. The weather was craptastic for a while. We were able to go on a two mile walk through Logan River Golf Course on Easter Sunday.
We also just got back from Salt Lake this morning. We had some errands to run on Saturday, had breakfast with our awesome friends Sean and Erika and then celebrated Easter with Nick's dad yesterday. I was a genius and did not put sunscreen on Avery, so now she has some pretty rosy cheeks and a red nose. I am brilliant I know. We were sitting outside by the pool all day and I thought if I kept her in the shade with a blanket, it was enough protection. Fail!

Anywho, we will be in Salt Lake for the next four weekends. So if you would like to stop by the house, you are more than welcome to. :)
Here are some pictures of our Easter walk through the golf course:





6 comments:
WELCOME TO MOTHERHOOD! :) Sounds like everything is NORMAL for having a NEW BABY! :)
Thanks for updating the blog. We check it every night and have missed the pictures of Avery. (well...of you, Nick & the dogs too.....but mostly Avery)!! We will come and visit you this weekend. Love you. DeeDee and Dad
I love the bath time picture - she is just too cute! Can't wait to see you this weekend!
Oh my gosh! That is the cutest angry baby picture I have ever seen! (the first one) Funny girl! I laughed out loud. She is a little diva! I love all her cute little girly outfits. You're so lucky that your hubby takes weekends for you. I'm glad you're doing good! We'll be in SLC sometime soon...I'll let you know and we should all get together if you're still around. I want to see Avery in person!
Brit,
Hang in there babe it will get better I promise. Little Avery is just one smart little girl and knows what she wants. I can't wait to see you guys! I miss you and love you lots. She is so beautiful and precious!
Sarah
That's a baby for you...wanting to be held all the time. Especially princess baby girls. She is adorable. We'll have to come visit you one of the weekends you're in town. Then Kennedy can meet her cousin.
So sweet. I remember Eden getting used to wanting to sleep with us too after her bad cold. If you can get your hands on a copy of "Happiest Baby on the Block" DVD, you should watch it. It's amazing, and I bet his tips can help you get a few more zzzz's at night. I know it sure helped us with Eden when she was an infant. Good luck! You look amazing too by the way.
Post a Comment