
Have you ever asked yourself Can I handle ALL of this? I have found myself asking this question as of late. Not just once a day, but multiple times a day! Up until two weeks ago, I thought I could. Then my baby decided to become a fussy monster. The first day I thought that I had eaten something the night before that had upset her. Then this behavior repeated itself EVERYDAY!
My baby cries and cries and fusses, then cries some more. I have had to place her in her crib and walk away because of the crying. It makes me feel like a bad mother. I have talked to other mothers, asked nurses questions, bugged my mom and I finally got some recommendations on books to read.
I have been reading The Happiest Baby On The Block. It talks about The Cuddle Method. It makes sense. I'm still newly into it, but some of the advice has helped me. I also purchased The Baby Whisperer. I have yet to open it. (Can't find the time.) But, I will let you know what I think once I get to it.
Soooo, bear with me. I am trying to keep up with the blog, but it seems almost impossible.
(To put the icing on the cake, Gracie went into heat last Tuesday. Aaahhhh!!!)
8 comments:
oh my friend!!
i dont have kids yet but when i nannied, there were times i thought if i dont put this baby down in the crib and walk away, something bad is going to happen. i hate to admit it..but its the truth. i just dont have the patiences sometimes to deal with things i cant control (crying baby). i get a little nervous thinking about me having a baby for that same reason. but ive talked to lots of mommies about it and it is totally normal! dont be so hard on yourself! its a big adjustment!!!!!
You can handle it! You are a great mommy and Avery is so lucky to have you. Just stay positive and you can do it!
-hang in there!!!!! Babies learn very young how to push our buttons!
Hang in there - you're doing great! And, just think, you'll have all of this knowledge and advice for me when I call you in a few months saying, "I can't handle all of this!"
Brit
I have so been there, and it's totally normal to feel this way. I will never forget calling Josh in tears saying you have to get home while Easton was screaming in the background! Then when Josh arrived Easton just feel asleep and I cried my eyes out in frustration. Putting her in her crib and walking away is the best thing you can do for her and yourself. Hang in there I PROMISE IT WILL GET BETTER!
Love you Momma keep your head up!
Sarah
All the crying probably makes you even more exhausted...as if you're not already tired enough. :) I know how it is. Motherhood is the way God intended to teach women true patience. Trust me, I know. Can't wait to meet her still.
I used Happiest Baby on the block with Eden...LOVED IT. I use the same techniques with Texton, but he isn't much of a pacifier baby. But loves shushing. Eden loved all the Happiest Baby techniques. Texton is all about being swaddled. Anyway, if you haven't watched this movie yet, make time. Or call me. I'll explain it to you. I think it's a life saver. 8019792702 good luck! And if you have watched it, I hope it's helping you.
Your dad asked me to send his sympathy's. He said Avery is a spitten image of you, both in looks AND behavior! :)...notice they have a word for it...CRY BABY....because that's what babies do. Just so you don't feel so bad, Aubrey was a cry baby also! (no secret, I've already told her) :)
Parenting is the hardest and most rewarding thing you will ever do! Your doing it GREAT! :) We love you, DeeDee and Dad
Post a Comment