The other day, Ave and I were walking in to our house from our garage when I noticed loud and continuous chirping. I started looking along our long ivy wall and noticed two baby quails. They were walking back and forth along the wall trying to find a way to their mommy. The mother quail was up high in the ivy about 6 feet. The little babies were so young, they did not know how to fly yet. Ave and I planted our booties on the ground and just watched the babies. Even Oli was curious to see what was going on. We stayed there about an hour keeping an eye on our new friends. The cute little things would come up to Oli and stay close to him. He, being such a sweet and good dog, would just sit there and watch them.
About 2 hours later I came back to check on them. They were still scouring the wall back and forth. Once Nick got home, we decided to try and help them get back to their mommy. Avery was so cute and was so concerned. The little babies even let us pet them. Nick got them to sit in his hand and they were practically falling asleep! :( They were so tired! Nick put them back into the ivy and they were able to get back to their family!
Every once in a while, I can still hear them chirping outside!
3 comments:
That is very cool!
So sweet!
p.s. I don't know what it is, but Avery looks like such a grown-up little girl in that picture!
How cute. So glad you helped them.
Post a Comment