
Dear Avery,
Today you are 1 month old! Holy Cow. That went by quick. Too quick. You are such an angel to us. We ask ourselves what our life was like before you were born. The only answer we can come up with is we never knew how to live before. You have blessed our lives in more ways than we could ever have imagined.
You are such a strong little girl. Since the day you were born, you have been able to hold your head up by yourself. We can't explain it, but you seem to not want to miss what is going on around you. Sometimes when you are taking a nap, you will jolt yourself awake. Even if you have only been asleep for five minutes. You are such a night owl too! You started to sleep from 11 PM to 4 AM. But last night, you went to bed at 10 PM. Woke up at 1:30 and stayed up unitl 3:30, then were wide awake at 5:30. I don't know how you do it. Because your Momma is TIRED!!
You have the most beautiful eyes we have ever seen. They are bright blue and so BIG! I love watching you explore what is around you. You have begun to recognize our voices too. When someone new is holding you and we start to talk, you look around feverishly trying to find us.
You love the pupper dogs too! Yesterday you had a REALLY bad tummy ache and cried ALL DAY LONG. Monte is such a protector and would come lie his head on your feet to try to soothe you. Gracie hasn't figured you out quite yet.
You have also begun to smile in the last couple of weeks. It is such a beautiful smile. You make your mommy so happy when you do it. We think you will be a model, since you make so many faces. Even while you are asleep.
You also have begun to talk and tell us stories. We love when you tell us stories. You are so innocent and see the world in a way we never will.
Little Avery Lynn Holt, you will never go a day without being loved. You have such a loving fan base and have each and every one of us wrapped around your long skinny fingers. We love you so much and can't wait for the new developments we will witness in the upcoming minutes, days, weeks, months and years. But please....don't grow up too fast!!

5 comments:
Okay, I know I'm prego and hormonal, but I totally started to cry reading this post! You two are awesome parents....and I love these pics of Avery! What a doll!
BRITTANY! She is smiling?! Oh my, it's been too long since I've seen my neice, I need to come over. You are such a good mom. Love you!
Look what a happy baby she is! There is nothing cuter than a newborn baby smile. Just adorable. She is very loved. Can't wait to meet her on Sunday.
Avery is so beautiful, just like her mother is and was. I had so much fun seeing and holding her last Saturday!
I love these pictures. We need to hang out sometime when I can hold her. It has been a while. I just love her little guts! Thanks for going to lunch today!
Post a Comment