Since we both have an enormously big family, we only had our parents and siblings there. (Which still made the attendance of 25 people! I told you...HUGE!)
We had a family friend, Phil Thompson, bless her. He is a non-denominational pastor and did a beautiful job. Thank you Phil.
Avery is USUALLY never fussy during the day, but made a huge scene once everyone started to arrive. I put her down for a quick nap, which only lasted about 20 minutes. We needed to get things started, so mommy woke her up. She almost cried through the whole prayer for her. I was a nervous wreck trying to calm her, which she probably could sense. Sorry everyone!
The prayer was beautiful. To sum it up, it was a prayer to have God by her side, to guide her and to give her a path. We have it on video, so if you would like to hear it..let me know.
After, we had a BBQ. We had a great time. It was the first time my dad and Dee Dee and Nick's dad and Sheri got to meet each other. I think it went really well.
Avery was dressed in a beautiful long white dress with lace and flowers that I bought from Jolene's. We are shadow boxing it for her to keep.
Here are some pictures of the special day: (I wasn't on camera duty. If you have some pics, will you please forward them to me? Dad & Dee Dee especially!)










5 comments:
Avery looks so beautiful and the dress is lovely too!!!!
How beautiful! I am glad things went well. She is a beautiful baby. You have a beautiful family!
Avery is so precious in that dress and it definitely makes her blue eyes pop. Thank you for inviting us to be there. It was a very special day and the blessing was very heart-felt. Let Nick know he's great at the grill too!
That dress is amazing! So beautiful. Glad to hear things went well. Hope to see you guys soon!
Oh Avery you are so pretty in your dress. Your mommy and daddy think your the best ever and so do I. Your boyfriend Easton loves you and misses you!
Post a Comment