Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Our child is a GOOF!

Sorry for the lack of blogging. I've been in the dumps lately and have been trying to focus more attention on my daughter rather than the internet. Ha! Who am I kidding? I check Facebook from my phone like it is going out of style. I think I do this to see what other's in the world are doing and to have "pretend" grown up conversations. Being a stay-at-home mom enables me to raise my baby the way I want to, but it also defers me from relating to the grown up world. I am not complaining (most days).

Anywho, things have been relatively quiet in our household. (Except for the rash of temper tantrums Avery has discovered to throw.) Seriously, she has found a new octave in her vocal chords I never knew or ever wanted to exist. It is scary!!! She is such a handful and wants to explore and discover everything around her. (All while making sure I am right next to her. Sigh!) OH!!!!! And Avery has TWO teeth now! So this has made our household not so quiet as well. It has made nursing and sleeping a little tricky!

I have been having a hard time, but today Avery did something that made me smile and laugh so hard! We were walking from TJ Maxx to Kohls through the parking lot at Brickyard Plaza. I was carrying Ave in my arms and all of a sudden she started screaming and whailing like you wouldn't believe. I kept walking and she got louder and louder. I looked behind me to try and figure out why she was screaming (or to see who was watching this manic episode go down) when I saw her pink woobie 20 feet behind me. That little stinker was trying to tell me I had dropped her precious blanket! What a SMARTY PANTS!!! Seriously, it made me giggle because I knew she KNEW what was going on and she was trying to tell me in her own language. Usually she just screams at me for no apparent reason, but this time she had all the right in the world to scream at me!

Avery also likes to intimidate the dogs. Monte and Grace love to give your feet kisses and now so does AVERY! It is yucky but SOOOO funny! I promise I won't post a video of this, but believe me...it is hilarious.

I will try to be more upbeat and keep blogging, but in the mean time, Ave and I are trying to do the "Your Baby Can Read" program. The only problem, Avery does not pay attention to the TV. She heard the DVD say wave and she started waving, but I had taught her this about a month ago. SO, wish me luck!

Also, I need some fingers crossed this week. Nick is off to California for a week for a conference. I had the opportunity to join him with Avery, but I would be alone from 7am-9pm. In a hotel. Alone. So, I decided to stay behind this time. Next year I will join him, sans baby, in sunny Palm Springs! That's something to look forward to. I am trying ever so diligently to wean Avery to formula. We got the thumbs down to start whole milk due to Nick's allergies & I am starting to produce close to nothing. Avery WILL NOT drink formula. So to those mothers who read my blog (which is maybe 5, including myself) if you have ANY advice on weaning....I need all you got!

We are off to The Little Gym this week to see of this will help socialize Ave & mommy! We will report back later with the results! Hope y'all have a great week!




5 comments:

Lindsey and David said...

Kudos to you for breastfeeding this long! I gave up at one month!! I like to blame it on going back to work soon, but in all honesty I am selfish and hated being tied down every two hours!! Selfish? Maybe. Happier? Definately.

I will tell you to be aware of constipation once you begin formula. I cried along with Hadley! She was in so much pain...
but we eventually found a formula that worked for her, and now she loves it!!

Keep up the good work (we moms need encouragement)!

Lindsey

Mandy said...

Hang in there, YOU are doing great! It is tough being a mom! Avery is doing what she should for her age... making life seem like hell... lol! You will get through it... maybe with a little less hair, but you will survive and the fun times are right around the corner! : ) Smile she is beautiful smart and health.
Call if you need a break : )

Aubrey said...

She has two teeth? Has teething been difficult for her? I don't know if I have much advice on getting Ave to take a bottle, but I do know that some formulas work better than others depending on your baby's tummy. I love Your Baby Can Read. It gives me a 20-minute break and Kennedy is starting to recognize words. So fun!

Nick and Brittany said...

Thank you for the words of encouragement everyone!! It really helps. Being a mom is one of the toughest and most rewarding jobs out there. Love you all!

Stacie said...

I totally know how difficult nursing is. Lincoln has two teeth and bites me a few times a day. I yelled at him when he bit me yesterday and he just started screaming. I guess that didn't work. I have no advice in the formula thing. I try to give Lincoln formula once a day. The instant a drip touches his mouth he gags and usually throws up. A speech therapist recommended feeding therapy from an occupational therapist. So I guess if it gets to the point where she needs more milk you could always try it, but I would have it be your last resort.