This past weekend, we had a fun date night planned with our friends Sean and Erika. Due to unforseen instances (AKA: my child will NOT take a bottle), we cancelled our dinner plans & sitters, and headed over to their house instead. It was SO much fun. We picked up pizza from NYPD Pizza in Draper and just let the girls play. Both clothed AND naked! Coraline is only 10 weeks younger than Ave. It is so fun to watch these two. Coraline seems to always look at Avery and try to figure out how she gets from Point A to Point B. We let them sit in Coraline's play pen and for once, Avery didn't beat up Coraline too much. (Except that one time. Sorry Laybird!) Avery also spent about an hour and a half climbing up the stairs. She hasn't mastered going down yet. She would rather go head first. A big No No! We are working on it. We LOVED this date night & think it may become a regular thing. That way we do not have to juggle babies and diaper bags at a restaurant AND can still enjoy some grown up time! (I also drove through TWO snowstorms that day. A whiteout in Sardine Canyon and I almost slid off Bangerter on ramp that night. I am so tired of this weather!)
THANK YOU ERIKA FOR THE PICTURES!!!!
On Saturday night, we had Jazz tickets. We had the coveted COURTSIDE seats. I only get to sit in these seats once or twice a year, so I was STOKED! We took one of Nick's clients and his wife, Chris and Holly, to the game. It was such a nailbiting game. (We only won by 40 points! It was neck and neck!) Nick's dad and stepmom volunteered to watch Avery at their house. I was a bit worried since she usually cries and cries when around them. (Dang Stranger Anxiety!!) Well guess what? She cried for twenty minutes, then realized everything was okay and decided to play the rest of the time! We picked her up at 11 pm and she went right to sleep after one last feeding.
(Pictures taken from iPhone. I keep forgetting my little camera!)
On Sunday, we had Nick's mom Vickie come over to tend Ave while Nick and I had our own date day. We like to do this every once in a while, so we can reconnect with each other. We went and saw Blindside. If you have not seen this movie, YOU MUST! It...is...AMAZING! It was such a feel good movie & I think we need more of these movies around! Afterwards we went to sushi. Perfect date day!
Our friend Holly, from the Jazz game, talked me into taking a Power Sculpting class with her at our gym in Logan. I thought I was in pretty good shape. Boy was I mistaken WAY WRONG! I had our first class this morning at 7 AM. I about passed out 15 minutes into it. I kept getting dizzy and couldn't catch my breath. You could tell I was the newbie! I kept falling off my resistance ball (they want us to do push ups off this thing!!!!) and had to stop to catch my dang breath. Needless to say, I was getting spanked by 40 year old women and was mortified! I am determined to keep taking this class. It is a challenge!
I also tried a new recipe this week. I made it twice because I was determined to perfect it. It is a chicken, mushroom artichoke dish with brown rice. SO GOOD! I just had it last night and kind of want it again. =) If any of you have fairly easy recipes, please do share. While I enjoy cooking, Avery starts to become flustered around 5 PM. SO, I try to do quick and yummy meals for my hard working hubby.
We are off to Salty tomorrow. I'll report back if anything fun happens. ;)
2 comments:
I have lots of easy recipes! (Thank God, or we would all starve to death. Evenings are rough on the little ones.) You should go through my recipe book next time you're out. :)
Those Little Gym classes sure seem like a good idea, especially for a baby with energy. I'll need to look into them. I'm so impressed with how active and well-balanced Avery is in those pics. She really does have no fear.
Post a Comment