Saturday, January 16, 2010

Our week in review



Well, we survived....so far. Nick has been in sunny San Diego since Wednesday due to work conferences. While Ave and I have braved the cold, quiet nights and each other, Nick has braved being gone without his ladies. This is the longest we have been away from each other (in different states) since our Midge was born. Not a fan so far, but we truly appreciate how hard he works to provide for our family.

I made sure while Nick was gone, that we had things planned each day. This is so much easier to do in Salt Lake rather than Logan, so we have been at our Harvard house. (Plus, we enjoy it SO much better!)

Wednesday:
We had a play date with Erika and Coraline. We had so much fun and wish we lived closer so we could get together more often. Yay for our upcoming "date night" sans the babies.

Thursday:
We had our first trial run at The Little Gym. It was the last class for the winter semester, so most of the kiddies in the class were about 18 months old. I was the one that was intimidated, not Avery. We all sat in a circle and introduced ourselves while singing songs with movement of our bodies. (I did not know that camera's were allowed in class, so I didn't take it inside. I will for sure take some next time I took one after class though.)

The Little Gym is set up kind of like a gym for gymnasts. It has monkey bars, balance beams, wedge mats, etc. The teacher warned me in the beginning that it may be SENSORY OVERLOAD & to not feel bad if Avery cried or was scared at first. Ha! Avery did not cry once. She was SO excited and even played with ADULTS without crying!!!!

We played with a big parachute that the kids could run under while the parents flapped it in the air. Ave was a little shy on this one. Then, they had us put the kids in the middle, then lift the parachute up so they were airborn. Avery LOVED this. She laughed and smiled the whole time. (The little boys were the only one's who cries during this activity.Hee Hee!)

We taught the kids how to do front somersault, handstands, "wheelbarrows", donkey kicks and more. We had to sit on a mat that blew up 4 feet, then the kids were free to jump to their hearts contents. Since Ave can't stand more than a few seconds, she bounced while kneeling. AND, every time music was played....Avery stopped what she was doing and danced. She kept up with the older kids as much as she could. Two little girls, Claire and Anna, were jumping off wedge mats that were 3 feet high. Avery climbed up the mat and tried going headfirst. She is a daredevil. (Must get this from her mommy daddy!) They also had the kids do somersaults on the balance beam. Ave was too busy trying to conquer that mat with Claire and Anna to even try. We had SO much fun, we signed up for an entire semester! Thank you Erika for the suggestion! We go every Monday morning, so my plan on staying in Logan more just got nixed. (Sorry Nick!) When we got home, Avery passed out for almost 90 minutes! HEAVEN!

We then went to my moms and had lunch. My mom watched Avery for a bit so I could run some menial errands. Thanks mom!!!

Friday:
I had some leftover credit at Sanctuary Spa from my birthday, so I scheduled a massage. A much needed massage. I could get one every week. My therapist was an older lady who taught me how to do some stretches. She could tell I carried Avery on my left. I guess my right forearm is much larger and had more knots in it. Interesting! My mother-in-law, Vickie, came and watched Avery. Usually when she comes to watch her, it is Ave's bedtime and she only gets an hour at most of playtime. She said she would like more "awake" time with her, so this was perfect! Thanks Vickie!!! Avery also slept an hour for her. (Amazing, since Avery has not taken ONE NAP FOR ME THIS WEEK. What gives?)

We got in our jammies early, and vegged out together. I was able to paint my toes too! Woo!

Saturday:
We were pretty mellow today. We arranged a lunch date with my friend Tira. I have been friends with Tira for over 10 years. She was actually the one who introduced me to Nick! (Thanks Tir's!) We headed to Paradise Bakery, which is one of my favorites. Tira knows people & she got our meal for free. Excellent!

We walked to Home Again and bought some cute nik-naks for our homes, then called it a day. So much fun. I love consignment stores and would love to own one of my own one day. Wishful thinking? Yes.

WELL...Avery did not take ONE nap for me today and was so cranky! She wanted to go to bed at 6PM, but I made her stay up until 7:30PM. Now I am beat and am calling it a night!

Amidst all the temper tantrums, laughing, not sleeping and messes....we had a great week together. I'm a little burnt out, but WE are so excited for Nick to get home tomorrow! Sorry for the long post, but I'd like to reflect back in the future and remember what a fun time we had together. Hope y'all have a great rest of the weekend!

CHEERS!

(Please take a closer look at the bottom right picture. Avery was GUMBY! I do not know how she got into this position, but she didn't seem to notice.)


After The Little Gym. She was trying to get into her shark snacks. (Still a little too young for these Midge!)


Tira and Ave. Avery did not cry while she held her. Phew! I think this stage is lifting. Finger are crossed!

4 comments:

Aubrey said...

I need to check out that play gym to took her to. Anything to get energy out of a baby is a good thing! Hey, maybe next time you're in SLC we can get our babies together. Let me know when you're coming.

Matti said...

Awe, she is such a cute little baldy.

No naps equals no fun. When Eden was about that age, Jonathon started going back to school in the evenings. So, he would leave for work before she got up. And then get home after she would go to bed. All of a sudden she quit napping, and would wake up at all hours of the night. It was sweet because you could tell she missed her Dad, but the lack of sleep for she and I was killer...so I feel for ya! Hopefully things settle down when he gets back. ;-)

Stacie said...

I used to take a three year oldto that gym. It was so much fun! Even for me. Avery is getting so big. And I have no clue how she got her leg all twisted up in that picture.

Mandy said...

So cute... glad you survived!