Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Rockin' Moroccan Chicken


Ok, I promise I won't turn into a food blog! But, we tried this last night and it was a hit! Even with Avery!

Rockin' Moroccan Chicken

Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 Minutes
Serves: 4-5 (Eh, I say more like 3-4)

- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, diced
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried ground ginger
- small pinch of cayenne (red) pepper
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup pimento-stuffed green olives, diced
- 1/4 cup raisins (I'd use more like 1/2 cup of your family likes raisins!)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (I did use a 1/2 cup to keep the chicken from drying up!)

1. Cover the bottom of a large skillet with coconut oil. Saute the chicken until no longer pink in the middle. (About 7 minutes.)
2. Add the veggies in with the chicken and stir-fry for another 5 minutes or until the broccoli and carrots strart to become tender.
3. Add the cinnamon, ginger, cumin, cayenne pepper, and black pepper. Once the chicken and veggies are covered with the spices, add the sliced olives, raisins, and the chicken broth to create a sauce. Stir well and bring to a simmer. Cook another 5-7 minutes stirring often. Serve immediately.

SO easy and really good too! Tonight we are trying a pasta lasagna, sans the noodles. I will let y'all know how it is. :)

1 comment:

Matti said...

ooo...that looks delicious. And Avery even liked it? I will definitely have to try it!