While we were in Florida, we had an eye opener with swimming pools. Avery would not wear any type of floatation device or use any type of floatation device for that matter. She also would run to the pool and just want to jump in. Scary!
So when we got back I signed her right up for swimming lessons. We decided to try out SwimKids which is located at Dive Utah. The owner taught all of the Holt cousins, so we knew we could trust her and the instructors.
Avery started yesterday. She'll be going every Tuesday and Friday for ten weeks. (I did not realize how darn expensive swim lessons were! Yikes!)
When we got to the pool, Ave was SUPER excited to get in. Once it was her turn with her instructor, she got right in. Once she realized mommy wasn't getting in with her and SHE was not in control, she lost it. It was 20 minutes of pure torture for her. She screamed and cried. She even clawed her instructors face so bad it was bleeding by the end of the seesion. I felt so bad, but stayed on the sidelines cheering her on.
The goal for the first few lessons are to teach her to hold her breath under water and to teach her to float on her back. I am crossing my fingers we can reach these goals without blood!!
I only took a quick video of the torture.
She is into this Popeye look when saying "Cheese"!
YIKES!!
The video is pretty painful. They say the first couple of lessons are of the kids complaining and screaming. I, luckily, had one mom come up to me and tell me her child did the same thing. I was SO grateful for her saying that!!!!
This is only 2 seconds. My phones memory was full!
They are teaching her to hold her breath.
He makes a vibrating noise with his lips to let her know they are going under.
By the end of the class she was doing it! Way to go Avery!!

2 comments:
Haha the popeye is so great. That's so fun! and smart to start that early. Poor guy, Ave's nails hurt! ;)
Wow, she was doing great in the second video. This is the perfect summer to get her going in swim lessons.
Post a Comment