Thursday, January 29, 2009

Monte's Surgery


Today was one heck of an emotional day. Mostly due to me being prego. I made sure we played extensively with Monte last night and let him lay in bed with us extra long this morning too. 
I was an emotional wreck. Good thing Nick is so calm, cool and collected. Nick let me drive Monte to the vet and I kept telling Monte what a good little boy he was, all the while trying not to cry so he couldn't pick up that I was upset. I lost it once we got to the animal hospital and he did not want to get into the kennel. Nick had to coax him in there. I had to leave and stand outside while Nick filled out the paper work. What a baby I am.



Great news though! Monte's surgery was a success. Nick picked him up at six. He is a little lethargic and loony. He keeps falling asleep standing up and won't let Gracie get near him. I feel so bad, but the vet said he took out so much tissue, Monte will live a longer more comfortable life. They tried putting a catheter in his right arm, that failed. But they were able to get it in the left arm. Nick drew a heart with the word MOM inside his poor little battle wound.



Wish us luck on the road to recovery. We love you little man!!


1 comment:

Emily said...

I am so glad little man is ok! I love his guts!