Sunday, January 25, 2009

Week 30! Holy Moly!


I tried to take it by myself.  :-)

I went to my 30 week appointment on Friday morning. I was anticipating them telling me I had gained 25 pounds. For some reason, these past two weeks, I feel like I have ballooned. My pants are more snug, my shirts are tighter, I have a REALLY hard time shaving and even putting my shoes on. I am not complaining, but seriously it snuck up on me. They said I had gained three pounds in two weeks, I was measuring just right, and Avery's heart beat sounded wonderful. Music to my ears!

Nick had a managers meeting in Salt Lake on Friday while I was working the late shift that night in Logan. After work, I wanted to drive down to Salt Lake, but man.....that fog was outrageous! I stayed in Logan and headed out the next morning. The drive on Saturday morning was a bit scary in Sardine and Brigham City. It was still fogged over, but not too bad. When I got to Salty, we had major errand running to do.
 
We went to Fetal Fotos to see little Avery again. (We have missed seeing her since our 20 week appointment!) She was being really, really, REALLY stubborn. (And yes Nick, she probably gets the stubborness from me. This will be the only time I may admit it.) She was sound asleep and wouldn't wake up, so the tech told us to go get a juice and some sugar. I went to Ms. Fields, ate a cookie and downed an entire apple juice. We went back and she was beginning to wake up. Her poor face was smooshed  by the placenta and she had her left arm resting on her head. So, we didn't get a clear 3D or 4D shot of her. Dang! BUT.....on the 2D screen, we could see her yawning, stretching, and drinking fluid. We also saw her entire rib cage, spine, and her little heart. It was beautiful! I'm going back in two weeks to see if we can get a better shot. By that time, she should drop a little and my placenta should rise. She did measure two weeks ahead of schedule and weighed approximately 4 pounds. (1 pound more than average.) I am hoping I do not have a sumo wrestler pop out of me!

The Yankees Items Nick (and Grandpa Dale) have purchased Ave.


We finally registered at Babies R Us!! It was fun, exciting, but oh so overwhelming. I think we were there for over two hours. We followed the list of stuff they suggested registering for. It made me feel so unprepared. We registered for so much, but at least we have things picked out now and can look at the registry in the future to help us figure out what we need. Nick was so excited and kept shooting the dang laser at everything he thought was cool.
 
We then went to dinner with our friends Erika and Sean at Happy Sumo. I have been craving sushi like you wouldn't believe. We went and devoured tempura rolls. (All the raw fish is cooked. So it is safe.) Yummy!! We then got caramel apples and headed to our house. We wanted to show them the nursery. We have another friend, Jules from the Wing Company, who has been painting a story book tree in the nursery. Since we are not in Salty as much, we knew it would be smart to hire out. It looks wonderful! So Erika and Sean, thank you for a fabulous night. And thank you for being such wonderful friends. We can't wait to do it again. :)

Not done, but looking awesome so far!


Then today, Nick pampered me by buying some much needed maternity clothing at A Pea in The Pod. Love the store, not the prices. Thank you babe!! We also got our hair did at Landis. Aaahhhh! I love getting my hair done. Nick was camera happy and was taking my pictures as Cassie was washing my hair. I never think to break out the camera to embarrass him, but I sure will now! ;)



After, we packed up the car and I headed back to Logan with the kids as he stayed in Salty for some doctor appointments for tomorrow.  I left Salt Lake with 5 inches of snow on our driveway and came back to Logan with only rain. Sardine was icky, but when is it not?


Sardine = Anxiety!


It was such a fast, sometimes scary (due to weather), and busy trip.....but we accomplished alot.


Good Luck at your doctor appointment tomorrow morning babe! I love you! 

2 comments:

ashnicole said...

Britt and Ave are spoiled little girls! ;) I'm way excited for her to actually be here... and we won't have to rely on Fetal Photos to see her cute face. YAY.

Aubrey said...

You are so lucky! Pampering and Fetal Photos and registering and a beautiful nursery... we are so happy for you two.