What a week....................
Week 28 started off a little weary. I had been having episodes of shortness of breath, a racing heart, dizzy spells......basically I felt like I had ran a marathon every morning three days in a row. I went to the doctor and they said my nervous system was kicking into overdrive and it was very common in pregnancies. I felt like a nerd and went home with my tail between my legs. Three days later, I had my regular 28 week appointment with my regular doctor. This was the day that I got to do the glucose diabetes test and get my shot for being Rh-. (My blood type is B- and most likely Avery's blood type is in the +, so I get a shot to help her and me.) I hate needles and my butt cheek felt like I got punched, but it is all so worth it to bring this little miracle into the world. My weight was right on track (thank you Special K!!) and my blood pressure was the best it had been since starting my doctor appointments. I have been having problems sleeping and was getting a good three to four hours a night. The doctor finally gave me a prescription for Ambien to help me! Woo Hoo!
And so begins the daring task of painting the Logan nursery! This is what the wall's looked like prior to our journey. On Friday night, Nick and I started measuring stripes and taping them off. We had always wanted to try painting the stripes our selves. (We hired someone to paint our Salt Lake nursery, so that post will be at a later time.) We stayed up until midnight taping and decided to paint one wall to see how it would look in the morning. 

The next morning we woke up and were excited with our progress so we started taping again. We took a small break to go see the movie Marley & Me with my sister Ashley & grabbed some pizza from The Factory. After our little date, we painted and painted and painted......

After painting, I came down with flu like symptoms, was vomiting, and my tummy felt like it was on fire. We're not sure if it was from the paint fumes, but I was MISERABLE!! We of course called my mom for advise and decided to call it a night. We were so close to going to the hospital. Thank goodness we didn't. I fell asleep ok, but was up at three wide awake. Aaahhh!! Nick is such a sweetheart and took such good care of me.

Gracie looking the part of The Godfather.

Monte watching poppa play the Wii.
Our poor puppers probably felt so left out and neglected. They are such great kids. We lucked out!! 


We pulled the tape off today and were pleasantly surprised with the outcome. We have alot to do still, but it finally feels like we are making progress!! It is so exciting. Nick ordered me to take the day off, so he painted the second coat all by himself today. He is so wonderful.
Avery has been super hyper-active today. I pulled my shirt up over my tummy and you can see my skin move when she kicks. It's amazing...yet so weird! When Nick talks to Gracie and Monte, she starts to move. I hope she loves those doggies as much we do!
So, it has been a wild and crazy week. We wouldn't change it for the world though.
3 comments:
I LOVE the stripes! You guys did great! I am sorry about you feeling so crappy. It is not very fun I am sure. Good thing you have a nice man and some sweet doggies to take care of you. I love that picture of Gracie. In fact, I think I might name my daughter after her. ;)
I can't wait to see the nursery completed. It's going to be beautiful. Your bump is really cute by the way (how come I look so much bigger than you and am only 3 weeks ahead?). And if you need someone to empathize with you on not sleeping, I'm your girl! If Baby's not swirling, kicking, or stretching, it's being uncomfortable or having too much on my mind.
Love your paint job!!!! -way to go. The fumes probably did make you sick.
Post a Comment