Thursday, March 19, 2009

38 Weeks. Where is the baby?

Nick being funny!

38 Weeks = Brittany wants to be done. Now. Please.

Here is a recap of what has happened in the last week:

Saturday: I went to Emily's baby shower thrown by Leigh and Lauren. I was able to catch up with some old Alpha Chi's that I have not seen in a bajillion years. It was soooo much fun. We had dinner at Paradise Cafe then dessert at Red Mango. Yummy! Nick was so nice and took Tyler car shopping. 5 hours and a few gray hairs later, Tyler bought a new Toyota Scion. Thank you Nick for spending so much time with him and helping him!

Sunday: Celebrated Nick's Birthday and combined Tyler's (my brother's) going away party at Little America for their AH-MAZING brunch buffet. Please...if you have not tried it, you must! My brother Tyler is moving to Oklahoma April 3rd for Air Traffic Control school. We are so proud of him!

Monday and Tuesday: Nothing much happened here. Enjoyed the nice 60 degree weather by walking the dogs. Nick and I met yet another bulldog owner who lives down the street from us. He has a four year old male bulldog named Bronx. Our other bully friend is a 6 month old named Georgie!

We were hoping Avery was going to make her grand debut on St. Patty's Day. I was hoping and praying, but I guess the nickname "Shameus", ask Nick, scared her to stay longer in the womb. Thanks babe! ;)

Wednesday: We had our fourth and final birthing class at the hospital. I was actually sad that they were ending. We learned so many valuable things there! Plus, it was fun to be able to see Emily and Matt every week! I secretly think the nurse/teacher Alecia will miss Nick for his "funny" outbursts.

Thursday/Today: Again, not much. Still no baby! Avery, seriously.....Momma is ready! I came home for lunch and took my shoes off. I knew I was in trouble when they were throbbing and took my socks off to examine. Sure enough they were swollen beyond belief. I said screw it, and wore flip flops back to work. Sorry guys. (My feet are currently soaking in Epsom Salt to see if it helps.) I was told my maternity leave was not approved by corporate unless I was put on disablility. I still am a bit confused on that one. My insurance also informed me I am under review for having a pre existing condition and am fighting to have them not drop me. These are things I never thought would happen to me in a million years. I informed my work I was going back part-time only, and since then, sh*$ has hit the roof.  One day at a time. Right?

I have my 38 week appointment tomorrow morning. I hope I have made more progress. I can't wait to hold onto this little girl and show her what a great life she has ahead of her. Plus, I am so tired of being uncomfortable. Every inch of my body now aches. I know the end result will be so worth it, but for now, I.AM.TIRED.

I will update you on my appointment tomorrow. Cross your fingers! Maybe she will come overnight and share my brother Houston's birthday and the first day of spring. Hurray for spring finally getting here!!

PS: Houston, Happy Birthday tomorrow!! I can't believe you are going to be 13! Wowser! Nick and I are so dang proud of you and wish we could be there this Sunday to celebrate. We miss you so much and can't wait to see you again. SOON! We love you buddy!

Thank you again Smash for always coming and hanging out. Wuv U!

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

You're so close to the end! We are very excited to meet little Avery and Kennedy can't wait to have a cousin to play with. Love you guys! If I don't talk to you before baby is born, good luck with the labor and delivery. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Aubrey said...

P.S. Nick, it looks like you're about ready to have your quadruplets! Bet those stretch marks are intense. :)

Matti said...

Yay! I am so glad you have your blog address so I can keep better track of you. You look so cute pregnant. Good luck with your delivery...hope it goes real fast! I'm so excited to see little Avery.