
So our little angel Avery Lynn is here! She came five days early (Praise the Lord!) and was born March 28, 2009. I know Nick pretty much summed up the eventful day, but I thought I would go into further detail.
On Friday, I was having contractions all day. They were about 10 to 20 minutes apart while I was at work. Then, when I got home they got closer together, approximately 7 to 10 minutes apart. I knew something was up, so I took a shower and did my hair just in case. We finally fell asleep around 11 PM.
At 12:30 AM, I woke up to sharp intense pain. I quickly grabbed my phone to start timing them. They were 4 minutes apart. I timed four different contractions and finally decided to wake up Nick. That was a chore! It took about 10 minutes for him to wake up. :) He jumped in the shower while I finished putting my bag together and had a little pow wow with dogs
We got to the hospital and got all checked in and settled at about 1:30 AM. I was dilated to a 4 and 90% effaced. My contractions were about 3 minutes apart now. And they were PAINFUL. BUT....they only lasted 30 seconds each. They were so strong that my entire body would clench. After about 2 1/2 hours, I decided it was time for an epidural. Let me tell you, it was a breeze!!! All the horror stories about epi's are SO wrong in my book. It didn't even hurt and within 15 minutes, my pain was gone.
I gradually dilated to a 10 by about 9 AM. My water broke on its own by 6 AM. At 10 AM, the doctor decided to let me rest and the big PUSH was to begin at 11 AM. Well, at 11....it all began. They thought I would be a mom by noon. At 1 PM, I was so tired and was starting to get a little frustrated. The pushing did not hurt at all!! The delivery itself was not bad. No horror story here!
At 1:10, my doctor decided it was time to use the vacuum to get Avery out. Her head was crowning, but she just wasn't coming. I also had to get an episiotomy which was equivalent to a 2nd degree tear. That is the only time I cried. After getting the "cut" I could feel alot more room. Ave's head finally came out, but they wanted me to wait until my next contraction to get the rest of the body out. There was a THREE minute pause between that contraction. Holy Shnikey's, that was painful, but after the contraction....Avery was here.
It was such a wonderful experience.
I could not have done it without Nick. It was only us in the room, listening to Dave Matthews and cracking jokes while time passed. I have a new found respect and admiration for Nick.
Nick,
Thank you for giving me the best gift in the world. Avery is perfect and I could not imagine life without you or her. Seriously, what did we do without her?
You are the best thing to have happened to me. I am truly the luckiest human being in this world to be graced with your presence. You are amazing and I can't help fall in love with you more and more, deeper and deeper every single moment of the day.
Thank you for giving me a piece of heaven. I love you with all of my heart and more. You ARE my true love, my soul mate, my best friend, my joking partner in crime, my fiance, my big monkey boy and my baby daddy!
Love you always, forever and more!
-Brittany
3 comments:
Thanks for the details...loved them. Good for you for being such a champ. I admire you and am so proud. You are both going to be great parents.
Oh my gosh, Britt, Avery looks exactly like you did as a baby!!!
I was only three but I remember being in the hospital lobby right after you were born. I was so excited to see a real baby. I remember that you were bald for a long time and I was jealous when you got your ears pierced.
I'm typing through tears. I'm so happy for you Britt. What a wonderful life you have. I can't wait to meet this incredible man you've found. Love you.
Kel
Post a Comment