Tira and me
Now I may not still be friends with someone I met in elementary school (besides facebook), but the friends I do have, I cherish. Growing up, my family moved all the time due to my dad's work. I was born in Utah. Moved to Texas when I was an infant. Moved back to Utah when I was 10. Parents divorced and I switched schools a bunch of times. I didn't actually get grounded until I was in 9th grade!
I met this little gem in high school. We worked together at Sally's Beauty Supply and became friends instantly. She was the bad girl. I was the naive girl. We gelled together and balanced each other out. When I went off to college, we stayed in touch. (I worked for Sally's through college and it was something that helped keep us connected.) We went our separate ways a few times. She got married and divorced, as did I. But we kept finding each other. Every birthday, we would connect again. (Our birthdays are 12 days apart.) I always looked forward to my birthday, knowing I would be able to talk to my Tira.
We may be in different places in our lives now, but when we talk or get together, it is like time has never passed. She is the one to thank for introducing me to Nick! I will forever be indebted to her for helping me find happiness!
Love you Tir!

1 comment:
I always say that I don't need a ton of friends because the ones I have are all I need. Life long friends are the best.
Post a Comment