This trip was a little different in the fact that it rained the first two days and was cold!
BUT....we LOVED every minute!!!
We only spent two days at the beach. Once Avery was on the sand, she would bolt into the ocean.
The water was SO cold (probably around 56 degrees!!) but Avery didn't flinch for a minute.
We only let her play in it for about twenty minutes and then we dashed for the hot tub.
We also made time for The San Diego Zoo! Since it was chilly, we thought this was the perfect chance.
All of the animals were super active! Including Avery. I swear she was acting like a wild and crazy animal.
She wanted to run around the whole time.
By the time we left, she was passed out.
I thought we had been there for maybe two hours.
Nope!
Try 4 and a half!!
We wanted to do Sea World too, but ran out of time.
Thanksgiving night was a treat!
Avery wanted nothing to do with her parents and gravitated towards her grandparents and cousins.
(It actually was a nice break!)
My mom flew in Thanksgiving morning and was able to join us for a couple of days.
One of our last nights, we hired babysitters and all of the adults went out to our favorite Italian place, Asti.
It was so nice not having forks or knifes thrown across the table and enjoying a long adult conversation!
Of course we enjoyed coming home to our sleeping baby and were grateful for our wonderful little family.
Our poor Avery came down with a horrible cold our last day in Cali.
The plane ride was rough and she screamed bloody murder and broke out in a horrendous fever.
We drove straight to Insta Care and she had a wretched ear infection on top of a respiratory infection.
Thank Goodness for antibiotics and Motrin!!!
...A few days later, Croup took over her poor body!...
It was such a nice and much needed trip. (Sickness and all.)
We left building sand castles and came home to building snowmen! (I wasn't ready for that!)
We had over two feet of snow and of course our snow blower blew out and broke within the first five minutes of trying to dig ourselves out! (Nick's Smart Car was in the garage and he couldn't get out to get back up to Logan!!!)
Sooooo.....Merry early Christmas to us. :)
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
I am so thankful and grateful for my family, my friends and the wonderful life I have!
The Beach on Turkey Day
Hanging out with Grandma Sheri
We got to see the zoo keepers feed the gorillas. It was pretty awesome!
Ave went around kissing as many statues as she could.
This is how Ave was with me the WHOLE trip! She cried when I was around her. I guess she was on vacation from her mommy. It hurt my feelings, but I had to remember she's only a toddler!
Beautiful sunset on Turkey Day!
On our way to Thanksgiving dinner at The Del.
Ave with Grandpa Dale and Grandma Sheri.
I LOVE my family!
Ave with Nana Teri.
Trying to give a little boy a kiss!
Kissing Grandma Sheri.
Stealing cousin Mia's chocolate souffle!
New favorite: Fruit Loops! (Vacation only!)
Smelling the flowers at Coronado's own Flower Lady.
Beach Days...
Hot Tub Time!!!
The infamous "glasses" picture with Grandpa Dale!
Farewell Coronado! We are hoping to go back next July, but might not make it! Thank you for always providing such fun and wonderful memories!
1 comment:
That picture of her eating fruit loops is the best! And the toddler fits and stuff(Izzy smacks me if she's mad), you just can't take it personally. I'm sure you're still her fave! Love ya
Post a Comment