Friday, March 13, 2009

Week 37 Doctor's Appointment

*** UPDATE ***


I just got back from my 37 week doctor's appointment. I am now dilated to a 2 and have effaced some more. Although, she wouldn't confirm just how much. SO....I am making progress. YAY!!!

She felt my belly to feel Avery's position. Her little feet were poking out of my right side. You could not only feel it, but see it too! Dr. Blackett said I was going to have a long skinny baby.

When she was getting ready to leave the room, she said "I think you'll make it atleast one more week." I said ok and proceeded to get dressed. While dressing, I was like "Wait.....what does that mean?" I tracked the doctor down in the hallway and asked her what she meant. She said she thought it was safe to say I wouldn't go into labor until next week. I am still a bit confused, but I am taking it as if little Avery is coming a little early. Hhhhmmmmm.........

Oh, I also tested positive for Group B Strep. So, once I go into labor, I have to be put on anti-biotics so the baby does not get it. I read about it and it doesn't sound pleasant if the baby does in fact get it. A little scary, but I know my doctor will do the best she can to protect me and my baby.

5 comments:

DeeDee's Diary said...

Britt,
Every time the phone rings at odd hours your dad and I say "IT'S BRITT...SHE'S HAVING THE BABY!" We did that when you called the other day! Funny! We were doing that with Aubrey two weeks ago! So....when Danny called this morning at 7:42am (early for a Sat.) I rushed to grab your dad's cell phone! IT'S ONLY DANNY! :)Talk to Aubrey about the Group B Strep. She had it also. We probably ALL had it in the old days and just didn't know. AMAZING ALL YOU KIDS LIVED! :) Can't wait for "THE CALL". DeeDee and Dad

Nick and Brittany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ashnicole said...

HOLY COW you're so close... weird! I'm kind of nervous! In a good way of course. You better still want me there all the time. ALL THE TIME! (haha, unintentional...) The dogs don't want you to come home, they love me too much.
Have a fun weekend!

Aubrey said...

You're getting close! I can't wait to meet your precious baby girl. And I can shed some light on the Strep B thing since I had it. Give me a call. :)

smargaret2003 said...

I am so excited for you guys. Rest up and get ready for a whole new amazing world! I can't wait to see her. I love you and I know you will do great. No worries on the Group B deal I am sure you will both will be fine. I am praying for you guys.

Love you!
Sarah