Sunday, March 29, 2009

Well good morning everyone! Normally Brittany writes our blog and does so in a way that excites everyone to find out what Britt and Nick are up to now. So keeping up with her talented writing, I will try not to disappoint and fall short of her greatness. Already knowing that I have after what I experienced yesterday with the most amazing woman ever! For those of you I have not been able to text or contact our little bundle of joy finally decided that it was time to come and not make us wait any longer. Yes people you guessed it, Avery Lynn Holt, is here.






Momma and Avery are doing great. Britt is a little bit sore after two and a half hours of pushing. Avery wasn't too sure if she wanted to come out and with every three pushes Britt would give, and she pushed hard, Avery would not drop. So after two hours and fifteen minutes, Dr. Blackette decided that it was time to use what I like to call, "The Sucker". A few more pushes and guess what people, our lives have been changed for ever. Dad over struck with happiness and joy shed a few tears after seeing what a beautiful little miracle that Brittany and I had created. Britt, likes to get pretty descriptive during her blog sessions, me not so much. I know I am missing some of the juicy details you girls like to hear about. So, after Avery detaches herself from her left boob I will have her tell her version with no details missed.

So now for the specifics. Yes, she is the cutest baby ever. And I am not just saying that. Avery Lynn Holt came into this world weighing a whopping 8.1 pounds and measuring in at 20.5 inches at 1:20 p.m. March 28, 2009. She hasn't been here even a day and we already don't know how we lived without her.

Brittany,

I just want to let you know how proud I am of you. Yesterday when you were delivering our Avery you did it flawlessly. You were so brave and so strong that being there to wittiness and help the little bit I could, you have now made me fall even more in love with you than I thought ever imaginable. This experience has brought be so much closer to you than I could ever imagine. And, you quite honestly are the strongest woman I have ever met. Thank you so much for giving to me you and our little miracle Avery. I look forward to being there every step of the way and to do what ever I can do to make everything happen in this world for you and Avery. You are the most amazing partner, lover, soul mate, fiance, and soon to be wife a man could ask for. Not to mention you will be the best mother that Avery could wish for. I can't wait to watch her grow, not to fast, and to watch you grow with her. Thank you again for this and I want you to know that non matter what I will be there for you loving you more than ever!

I love you,

Your partner in crime - your baby daddy - nick

9 comments:

Aubrey said...

So touching. We can't wait to meet Avery and get all the details from Brittany. Being a parent does something to your heart that you never thought possible. Congrats you two!

Katie O'Brien Coon said...

Cried a little bit when I read this. Britt, You look great. She is BEAUTIFUL! I am so excited to see her when I am home. I love you so much. Thanks for the update Nick.

DeeDee's Diary said...

Nick, Could you be a littel more descriptive in your feelings for Brittany and Avery? I'm sure her dad would appreciate hearing how you feel. :) lol...WOW...A MAN THAT SPEAKS HIS HEART! HE'S A KEEPER BRITT!

Erika + Sean said...

Thanks for sharing the photos - Avery is beautiful! And, Britt, you look amazing for just giving birth. Keep us updated. Hope to see you soon!

Emily said...

I just love that little baby! I am so glad you let me hold her and see all of you! You guys look so great and have such a wonderful little family. Best of luck coming home tomorrow! Don't hesitate to call if you need ANYTHING! Love you!

Melissa said...

She's gorgeous!! I can't wait to hold her! Britt, you look flawless! CONGRATS!

Stacie said...

I am so happy for the both of you! Avery is so adorable. Steve showed me some pictures today and told me how she is going to be tall just like her mom. He said she has good sized hands and feet, both a good sign for height. I can't wait to hold her!

Amanda said...

Hey Brittany! Congratulations on making the darlingest little girl! I can't wait to see more pix! I just talked to Leigh and she said the birth was pretty hard. I'm so sorry :( That's no fun, but it's so worth it!!! I hope you get better fast so you can really enjoy being a new mommmy. Let me know if you need anything...not that I could do much being 6 hours away but anything I could do over the phone :) By the way, I think I know your hubby from somewhere...the name sounds so familiar. What high school did he go to?

smargaret2003 said...

Congrats to you both I am so excited and Avery is perfect in every way! Nick I think you did a great job on your post! I can't wait to see her. Britt I am so proud of you, I know giving birth can be hard but it's so worth it in the end. I think that is why women do it over and over again. Your a rock star and the best momma ever. Good luck and I can't wait to see more picutres.

Love you!

Sarah