So I am officially 35 weeks along. Only 35 days to go!! I had my 35 week appointment today. I was supposed to get an exam to see how far dialated I am and get my Group B Strep Test. Well, I sat in the exam room for about 20 minutes excited to see the progress, when my doctor came in and informed me she had thought I was 36 weeks today. So, no exam and no Group B Strep Test. Oh Shucks!
My doctor informed me that Avery seems to be measuring ahead of schedule and ordered an ultra sound in two weeks. Since she had thought I was a week ahead than actual, and Ave is making my growing belly measure two weeks ahead.....I may have this baby sooner than later! Woo Hoo! I did inform the doctor that she could not go back on her word. If she told me I was two weeks ahead, then she can't take it back! ;)
I also had my doctor take a look at my swollen legs and ankles. The bottom of my ankles are now purple and my knees are also so swollen, it hurts to bend. They are going to keep an eye on that, since it shows possible signs of pre eclampsia. Hhhmmm....so cankles aren't a normalality of pregnancy? Who knew.
Nick and I also started our parenting/birthing classes at the hospital last night. Emily and Matt are in the class with us, so it is going to be so much fun. There are 12 couples in the class. Two of the couples are teenagers. It's sad to see, but I guess it happens. The class was so informative and I wish I had taken it sooner. I tried, but these classes fill up so fast! We will have the class every Wednesday for two hours for four weeks straight. I hope it eases my fear of the actual delivery.
Other than the pregnancy, nothing new has happened this week. We feel as though we have no time to breathe. I have my baby shower on Saturday and I am so so so excited to see everyone. I will post pictures up of that next week. Thank you to everyone who is taking time out of their day to come. It truly means so much!
The poopers love to be by me at all times. Nick gets a lil' jealous! Just kidding Love. Love you!
1 comment:
You still look so small to me - I can't believe you're measuring ahead of schedule. Wow, that could be really good! What if we delivered on the same day? Two precious baby girls in one day. :) Sorry about your swollen ankles and legs. And I hope you like your birthing class. See you at your baby shower!
Post a Comment