Monday, February 23, 2009

Celine Dion

Nick and I went to the Celine Dion concert last night. It was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G!! The stage was set in the center of the arena at the Delta Center. We had ninth row tickets, which we bought from my step sister Aubrey and her husband Seth. Thanks guys!! We can't thank them enough!

They had floor seating on the north and south side of the stage and ramps that went clear into the audience on the east and west side. The lucky people with those seats actually were able to touch Celine. It was pretty cool.

When we got there, their was a line waiting to get into the Delta Center. We went to Will Call then headed to Happy Sumo for some sushi. Yummy! We then headed to our seats and actually told each other that it would be awesome if the two people who had the empty seats in front of us didn't show. Low and behold, five minutes later, my moms childhood friend and her daughter showed up and sat right there. It was fun to catch up with them.

The opening act was a Vegas performer, Gordy Brown. We both said "who?", but he was so freaking funny, that we want to go see his show at the Golden Nugget. He was the best impressionist that I have ever seen. 

Finally, it was time for Celine. She apologized to the fans for ten minutes for having to cancel the original show in November and thanked us for allowing her to reschedule. She was such an amazing performer and never seemed to get winded. The dancers were amazing as well. I snuck my camera in and took some pictures. They didn't turn out as well as I had hoped, but atleast I was able to get a few clear ones.

My favorite song was "I Drove All Night" and Nick's favorite was "My Heart Will Go On" from  Titanic. She changed costumes about six times and her outfits were gorgeous! I still can't believe how beautiful she was and how great she sounded live. Nick told me he wished I could have seen her in Vegas. He said the Vegas show was more theatrical and the stage was built to fit her. But, he said the concert was amazing as well. She was really goofy and energetic and made the concert so fun. We can't wait to see her again.

There were so many moms with their daughters, it made me so excited to think I will be able to things like that with little Avery. I can't wait.

Thank you Aubrey and Seth for letting us have the opportunity to see such an amazing show! They are about to have their baby in 16 days. Good Luck and we can't wait to meet your little angel!



Nick kept saying he was the only guy there. So I took a picture to document it. He thought I was pretty funny.

The Stage.

The drop down screen. She would sing in the middle of it while images were being displayed.

Her opening outfit. I want her legs!





My favorite outfit. Those are boots on her legs!

Too bad it's blurry! This was "My Heart Will Go On". She had candles everywhere. It was a gorgeous set.

3 comments:

Grandma Wendy said...

Your pictures look great. Looks like an awesome night you had!

Aubrey said...

Celine always has the best outfits for her concerts! My favorite is also the white one with the boots. She is so amazing live. I'm glad you were able to see her perform. There's no one like her!

smargaret2003 said...

I am so jealous! I can't wait for you to take Avery to events like this either I will hanging out at sporting events while you get to go to all the ballets and concerts! Lucky girl LOL. Miss you and can't wait to see your princess!

Sarah