Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day 2009

So, Nick ALWAYS out does me in everything. We agreed that we weren't making this a competition and we weren't going to go all out this holiday. I think Valentine's Day is a commercial holiday and think you should show your loved one every day just how much you love and appreciate them.

This year, I sent Nick a lucky bamboo plant to his office as a surprise with a card attached. It looked something like this:

  lucky bamboo in glass vase

Well, on Friday, Nick came to my work while I was out to lunch and delivered the most gorgeous roses ever. I am a sucker for flowers! 


On Saturday, Nick went to the gym while I tried to sleep in a little. That didn't happen. I was up at 7 am wide awake. I went to let the puppies out and saw two packages sitting on the coffee table. I waited for Nick to come home from the gym so I could ask what it was. I told him he was in BIG trouble...again. 

I opened the packages and found these:

I am ADDICTED to sugar cookies and must have one every day. Well, this was an 11 inch cookie with the yummiest frosting ever!

I love Willow Tree figurines. This one will stay in the nursery.

Anywho, we had a wonderful Valentine's Day. I made Nick a big pancake breakfast and we headed out to Hobby Lobby so I could get some craft supplies for a project I am working on for the baby. We then went to lunch and tried to catch an early movie, but they were sold out until the evening. So, we went to the later movie and saw He's Just Not That Into You. It was so cute and funny! We came home and watched yet another movie. We are movie buffs and rented a total of 6 movies for the weekend. One of which we turned off within ten minutes due to horrible acting and we have just one more left to watch. Yes, we have watched that many!

We do have a funny story though. We left the puppies out of their kennel while we went to the movie to test them. When we came home, they were nowhere to be found. Usually they are waiting by the garage door ready to jump on us. This time, no pupper dogs. We started to panic and looked everywhere. I checked out on the front porch while Nick checked everywhere in the house. We thought someone had broken in and took them. Well, Nick opened the guest bathroom door and found the kids in the bath tub. They had locked themselves in there. No light, no water, nothing. They had ripped the shower curtain off and were so excited to see us. They are the biggest dorks!



What we saw when we opened the door.

Trying to look innocent.

Monte giving his infamous high five.

Dear Nick,

Thank you for being such a wonderful and loving partner in crime. I am so lucky that we crossed paths and were given a second chance at love. You are the best thing to ever have happened to me and I am truly the luckiest woman in the world to have you in my life. You are my rock, my soul mate and my best friend. I can't wait to spend the rest of our lives together. I love you more than words could ever express. 

Love Always and Forever,
Bertnie

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day and were able to spend it with the one(s) you love. Have a great rest of the week!

2 comments:

Erika + Sean said...

I love that your puppies locked themselves in the bathrooom - hilarious! Glad to hear that you had a good v-day! See you soon!!

Stacie said...

lol, your dogs are so funny! I can't believe that both of them made it into the shower. I love the willow tree figurine too. Devin got me that one for Christmas, and I love looking at it. Sounds like you had a wonderful valentines day!