Sunday, February 15, 2009

Week 33. Yay! 7 more to go!

<
Another week has past, and I am getting that much closer to seeing and holding our little Avery. I went to the doctor this past Thursday a little freaked out. Avery hadn't been moving for three days. I had taken half an Ambien on Monday night so I could try and get some rest. It usually makes her a little more inactive than usual and I was expecting this...but, after three days, I began to worry.  I was prepared to have this little baby while on my lunch break. Silly me.

The doctor first listened to her heart beat with the doppler and it sounded a little weaker than normal. I told the doctor that I had begun having, what I thought were contractions that morning. I would be walking at work, then I would be stopped in my tracks unable to breath with a sharp tightening pain in my lower abdomen. After I  told her this, they hooked me up to a monitor to measure my contractions and read Avery's movement and heartbeat.

After about 45 minutes, they evaluated the chart and said everything looked fine and to take it easy. Again, I felt like I had overreacted and went home with my tail between my legs. I swear this pregnancy has made me worry about all the little things that I normally wouldn't sweat over. My mom said Welcome to Motherhood

Well, according to my book, Avery is about 19 inches and 4 1/2 pounds. About the weight of a pineapple. (This is a little off since last week, at Fetal Fotos, Ave was 4.90 pounds.) Her body continues to build her own immune system and will come in handy when fighting off those playground germs.

Speaking of pineapple, Zach (one of Nick's employee's) brought us a pineapple back from Hawaii. Him and his wife went there for the NFL pro bowl, and were so awesome and brought us the yummiest smelling pineapple ever. We just cut into it today and I am trying to savor it slowly. I love pineapple.

Thanks Zach and Megan!

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

Love the growing belly. You look great.

Emily said...

Funny story...Matt also bought me sugar cookied for Valentines Day, but we left them on the counter and Zeus and Shayla ate them. Then he brought me home a pineapple from the kid at work. Oh funny!

Nick and Brittany said...

That's funny Em. I guess that is what we get since the boys spend so much time together.

I'm sorry you weren't able to eat the cookie. It was yummy. Mine is over half way gone. Did the pups have a tummy ache? That was alot of sugar.

Love ya man!