Friday, August 3, 2012

Avery's First Dance Recital


Like I said in a previous post, our goal is to have Avery try all sorts of activities and decide what she likes on her own. As a mom to a little girl, I of course wanted her to LOVE dancing as much as I did growing up. I just didn't want to push her to like it.

I found the cutest little dance studio in our area. It's located underneath Jolley's Pharmacy in Sugarhouse and is just a one room studio. The owner is a couple of years younger than me and we have become great friends.

Avery has fallen in love with dance and gets so excited when I tell her she has it that day! Melts my heart!!

At the end of May, Avery got to experience her first recital. She was REALLY scared when we first got there. I took her into the audiorium of the middle school to show her the stage she would be performing on. Once she saw it, she wanted to go on it! Like mother like daughter! I LOVED the stage growing up too!

Avery performed two dances. First a ballet number to Somewhere Over the Rainbow. Then a tap number to If All The Raindrops.

She was so cute and was beaming from ear to ear!!! When the recital was over, she wanted to do it again!







Avery's teacher, Miss Courtney

Sunshine and Avery have become such great buddies. They are in school together also!

Ave is obsessed with her "Monster" face?!?


Red Mango after her recital!


1 comment:

ashnicole said...

Love her monster face, where did she learn it? Seems to me like Ave has found at least two things she loves! Dance and swim. What a cutie.