Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Princess Festival


Last year I completely spaced The Princess Festival held at Thanksgiving Point. I almost did this year as well! Oops! On the secind to last day that it was held, Avery and I headed down south on a 102 degree day. I figured there would be some indoor venues and some shade. Uhm, not so much!

Everything was held outdoors at the Children's Discovery Garden and there wasn't too much shade. Avery was in heaven though and we were able to stay about 3 hours.

We took a tour at first and heard some princess fairy tales, but with no shade and the heat just baking us, we lasted about 20 minutes.

I had Avery go to a Princess Tea Party Etiquette class. As I watched from the audience, (the kids were up on a stage) they asked the children if anyone wanted to share a story. Avery raised her hand first and was called upon. They asked her what she'd like to share and she yelled "My mom is mean to me!!!". Pure embarrassment on my end! It's funny now, but I truly wanted to hide. They gave her some sympathy and tried to not pay too much attention. **That morning, I told Avery we would not be doing anything fun until she finished her chores. I may or may not have raised my voice and this is where the "mean mom" came into play.**

After the class, we followed a map to go meet the princesses. We even took a carriage ride! I bought tickets for Avery to get her hair done, nails done and her face painted. BUT, she didn't want to do any of the activities. So, we bought a parisol umbrella instead. )I may or may not have used it to shield myself from the sun! Thanks Ave!)

I knew it was time to go when Ave started to throw a tantrum. We boogied on out of there and she passed out in the car within 5 minutes. With a candy necklace dangling from her mouth none-the-less.

I hope we can make it again next year and I'll pray that it is atleast 20 degrees cooler!!



On a tour and listening to a princess fairy tale.

The now infamous tea etiquette party.




They offered water stations luckily to try to keep us cool.

Rapunzel

Cinderella

Belle

Snow White

Tiana and Arielle

Her face was so flushed!!! It was HOT!!!

Cinderella's Carriage!

Tinkerbelle

Learning how to fly.


Avery would not leave Tink alone! I think she played with her for over 30 minutes!


Princess Spider Monkey!


No comments: