Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Baby Number Two


I have been HORRIBLE at blogging. And even worse at documenting my second pregnancy!!

I had great intentions on taking belly pictures, starting at 28 weeks like I did with Avery. Before I knew it, I was 30 weeks. Then all of a sudden I am 39 weeks! So, I'll try to categorize it by trimesters.

1st Trimester

I had a feeling I was pregnant the Monday after Dale's annual Christmas party. I was sluggish all day, queasy and my lady parts ached. I told Nick I wasn't feeling too well and he asked if I was prego. (Half joking.) Once he asked, I just knew I was! I took about 8 pregnancy tests and they all confirmed my suspicions!

We had been trying for months and just when we decided to give it a break, we got prego!

I immediately despised meat of any kind, except for gyro's! I craved those bad boys. (I did the same thing with Avery! It must be all the sodium!) I basically turned into a vegetarian until I was about 6 months pregnant. I lived off of Toaster Struedels, cereal of any kind (but especially Raisin Bran and Frosted Mini Wheats1), vegetables, Jona Gold apples (about 3 a day), Taco Bell bean burritos and quinoa. Pinterest became my best friend and I was able to find all sorts of ways to cook quinoa! I also CRAVED vanilla iced coffee and have had one every day from our local coffee shop down the street from our house. It has saved me, literally on a daily basis!

I had to get off of my medication that help control my throid and depression issues. I didn't think I was going to make it for a few weeks, but once my hormones balanced out as best they could, I was starting to look forward to this pregnancy. Depression is a real pain and takes the joy out of the simplest things! I hope I do not pass this along to our children!

2nd Trimester





Half way into my second trimester, I was feeling much better. I had severe nausea due to morning sickness and absolutely no energy! I had to have Gingerale and Saltine crackers by me at all times. I still could not eat meat, but now craved anything with lemon! In fact, I ate so many lemons, Dale's friend from Florida shipped me a box of lemons freshly picked from his lemon tree! If I had a glass of water, half a lemon had to be in it as well!

I began having a hard time sleeping at night (just like Ave) and started to take half a unisom again. That little blue tablet works wonders for me!

We took a trip with our friends to Coronado and I was an ornery/emotional mess! :( I was just plain exhausted!

We found out we were having a BOY and started to think of names and how we were going to decorate the nursery!

I was chair of our fundraising committee at Avery's preschool and worked day and night! It was a little stressful doing it while being prego, but also made the time fly by!!

Nick and I took a short "Baby Moon" back to Coronado and enjoyed some alone time. It was MUCH needed and I recommend everyone to do it!!

We also took a family trip/work trip to Disneyland with Avery. We wanted to make sure we were able to enjoy one last little vacation as a family of three!

3rd Trimester

30 Weeks


Summer vacation from preschool started right as I hit my third trimester. I was so tired, so I made sure to keep Avery busy! We signed her up for two dance camps and she has been in swim camp twice a week ever since. This saved my sanity! And energy level! Utah has been SO HOT this summer and these camps have helped break up the day!

I finally tried meat again and there was no turning back! I still eat cereal EVERY morning and a turkey, cheese and pickle sandwich for lunch EVERY day! I also began to crave hamburgers (with BBQ sauce), watermelon, peaches and brownies! I have to have a pan of brownies on hand in our house at all times! I have NEVER craved chocolate beofre, but man do I now! I actually used to despise chocolate, which helped the waistline! Oh well!

I stopped taking my unisom tablet at night so I wouldn't have to rely on it anymore. I have had many restless nights. In fact, you can usually find me on the sofa downstairs. I toss and turn so much that it keeps Nick up. :( My rib cage has burned most of this trimester and so have my hips. I average about four hours of sleep at night. (This is where my iced coffee saves me on a daily basis!)

My weight gain has been significantly lower than when I was pregnant with Avery. About 15 pounds lower. I give credit to running after a three year old and not living near a La Beau's for their famous ice cream shakes! I have still gained more than I wanted to, but since this is our last pregancy, I am just trying to enjoy and embrace it all!

One thing that is nice about being pregnant iin the summer is swimming! Avery and I are at Dale's pool four times a week! We've kept our tan a glow! And Ave has become an Olympic swimmer! If my father in law didn't have a pool, I would be in trouble!!! It is just too darn hot to take Ave to the park and play. So when we need to get out some energy, off to the pool we go! It is amazing how weightless you feel and I actually have forgotten I was pregnant a few times!

Nick talked me into taking some maternity pictures this time. I DID NOT want to, but now looking at the prrofs, I'm glad we did!

Now that I am nearing the end of this pregnancy, I am experiencing false labor! I was not able to go to bed until 5:30 in the morning this morning because of contractions, cramping, back pain and heart burn. I almost made Nick take me to Labor and Delivery! I have an appointment tomorrow to find out my progress and to schedule an induction. I have a feeling it will happen on its own this weekend!

Nick has his annual golf fundraiser on Friday and I have a hunch it may happen on that day! Eeek!

We are so so so excited to welcome our baby and Avery even decorated a card for him this morning. (Although she kept saying she didn't want to be a big sister. And that she wanted to be the only princess! I told her to not worry about the second part!)

I'll update on our progress as much as I can. Hopefully it will just be an announcement next time!!

No comments: