Prepare yourself.
I took a boatload of pictures!!! And I want to post a lot of them for our family book. You have been warned!! ;) I'll try to break it down by days if it gets too long!
At the beginning of May, we were lucky enough to take a family trip to good ole' Disneyland. We went with a client and were able to mix business with pleasure. Last year, we went on a business trip to Disney World and had the time of our lives, so we were pretty excited to try an repeat that same experience.
The only draw back was I was 6 months pregnant. So, I couldn't go on the adult rides. But there were a lot of preggo friendly rides and I still had SO much fun!
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Day One
The plane ride was a breeze with Avery, for the most part. We have become pro's at packing lot's of snacks and new games/toys. The Ipad is a HUGE saving grace! What would we do without technology? (I don't want to know.) We totally forgot our stroller at home and our backs definitely paid for it by the time we got home.
We stayed at The Grand Californian in Downtown Disney. It reminded us of a huge treehouse. We had access to concierge at all times and were able to have afternoon tea and dessert at night every day. It was awesome! We would sneak PB&J's in my backpack to snack on while we were in the park. (Big money saver!)
We weren't meeting our friends, Chris and Brittany, until dinner so we headed right into the park. We asked Avery what she wanted to do first and she said "Find Cinderella." We looked everywhere and didn't see her, but did see Alice in Wonderland. She came up to Ave and was so sweet to her. She held her hand and they took a little stroll around the Magic Kingdom. Ave was in awe!
That night, Ave changed into her "Dinner Dress" that her daddy bought her and we had BBQ in Frontier Land. This was a little hard for me as I was just starting to eat meat again. But, it was still deelish and they had a couple of country singers putting on a show for us.
I remember the castle appearing HUGE when I was little. Amazing how small it actually is when you are a "grown up".
We were so excited to get a picture with both Minnie AND Mickey at the same time!
I think she is in Heaven!
Jasmine was the only princess M.I.A. Aladdin was there, but we never did see Jasmine. Maybe they were on the "outs!"
The fun meter ran on empty by dinner time!
Day One was definitely a SUCCESS!!
No comments:
Post a Comment