Thursday, August 9, 2012
CCNS Spring Picnic
I was Chair Person for the annual CCNS Preschool Spring Picnic Fundraiser. And it totally happened by accident. Sort of!
At the beginning of the school year, every parent is required to sign up for a committee. I chose the Spring Picnic because it was at the end of the year and I wasn't sure what all to expect. It was to be held in May and by February, nothing had been started on it. I hate procrastinating on big things, so I kept asking our school director what was going on. Well, the actual chair person decided by February that she didn't want to head it any more. So, since I kept asking and asking....they appointed me chair person. Yikes!
This happened to be the schools biggest fundraiser. Our school is soley ran by parents and we don't receive grants or money from the state. I didn't realize how big of a project this actually was.
After months of hard work, countless hours of soliciting vendors and donors, many many meetings and hundreds of emails...it all came together perfectly!
We even raised $2500 more than last year! So, guess who is chair again next year? Yep! You guessed it! I'm actually really excited because now I know what to expect!
I am supposed to give a speech about the committee at our big meeting in two weeks. Don't know how I'll pull that off with a newborn. ;) They actually asked if I would be Secretary of the school, but I declined. I don't want too much on my plate at once.
Some random pictures from my phone...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way to go! YOu have the best handwriting!
Post a Comment