When we found out we were having a boy, we knew we wanted to do a baseball theme for the nursery. Nick, of course, wanted to do Yankees right away. I wanted to try for a vintage baseball theme. After looking for the perfect bedding, we were able to agree on Pottery Barn's Varsity Bedding. It's great because it wasn't overly expensive and they offer the same bedding when children graduate from their crib. Plus, it's not too much baseball.
We decided to turn our current playroom into the nursery. Only problem is, it's on the main floor and our master bedroom and Avery's room are on the second level. We thought about doing an addition to add a master suite, but three different bids came in at $250,000! Wowsa! Our house was built in 1927 and to add on to our house requires a lot of structural support and work. We decided to not add on and start saving for a bigger house in a few years. The reason we put baby boy on the main floor, is because he will not be mobile for a while. Where as Avery would answer the door in the middle of the night, no questions asked. To make a long story short (sorry) we installed a security alarm. Hey, it's a start.
Once we decided where baby boy was going to sleep, we got to work. I found some baseball inspirations on Pinterest, of course. But I absolutely fell in love with a vintage looking scoreboard by Pottery Barn Kids.
Avery went to summer school for a week at the beginning of June, so I took advantage of the alone time and started on my project. It took me about three weeks, but I think it turned out cute. I scaled it down, but it still turned out HUGE! :)
I need to add a couple of things to it, but it's now hung over the crib and we are pretty happy with the results. Thanks Pottery Barn for having creative minds!
The inspiration.
After two years in storage, I broke out the good ole' Cricut.
The paint unfortunately bled a lot, so a lot of touching up was required. This was the most time consuming part.
This was before it was actually hung. I still need to add scores to it, but it's basically done! For the scores, I'm using Avery's birthdate and our Anniversary date. But, I may change it to the baby's birthdate instead.

2 comments:
This is so damn adorable! Way to go Super Mom!!!
I'm impressed!
Post a Comment